User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I say we stop electing "normal folk" to high offices, we need more intellectual curious politicians.

You woudn't rather have an intelligent mixed marketer than a below-average senile guy that is more pro-capitalism?
    No, not at all. And McCain may be average or even below-average (for a Navy captain and senator, anyway), but raw intelligence is not the be-all, end-all for those in power. Richard Nixon was one of the most intelligent U.S. Presidents ever, and look what happened with him.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    So should we then believe that all politicians equally suck ass and balls?
    I don't like when people conclude "ah fuck all of them the same". Democrats and Republicans, policy wise (which is all that matters), are very different.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No, not at all. And McCain may be average or even below-average (for a Navy captain and senator, anyway), but raw intelligence is not the be-all, end-all for those in power. Richard Nixon was one of the most intelligent U.S. Presidents ever, and look what happened with him.
    How important is domestic and foreign policy to you? Do you not side on the liberal/libertarian end with this?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I wouldn't say Just as easy to put together My point is that the level of deception is More so on the republican side, the democrats deceive us too, just less often and less severely. (i'd rather take the smaller and less smelly pile of shit.)
    I would rather take no pile of shit. I don't want to settle for ANYONE because they lie less. Lying is lying. Be more rigid in your structure, or don't be so critical at all. "Lying is wrong! but I'm on this side because they do it WAY less than you!" isn't justification at all.

I'm not a politics person, but it does piss me off to hear that sort of close-mindedness. When it comes to the core beliefs [democrats] they're just as corrupt [as Republicans]. Rupublicans just tend to bitch about it on AM radio where only republicans hear it instead of spreading the laundry on the news where the Democrats tend to dominate.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFJ

Not to mention, you agree with the mixed market guy more on social and foreign policy (you're a libertarian right?)
    Yes, I am. I'd prefer not to have Democrats controlling both houses of Congress and the White House.

MBTI
    ESFJ

How important is domestic and foreign policy to you? Do you not side on the liberal/libertarian end with this?
    Very important. But the liberal side is NOT the libertarian side, if you haven't noticed already. Bill Clinton had more military interventions to his credit than Dubya has. And the Democrats were traditionally the more warmongering party from the Wilson administration to the Nixon administration.

MBTI
    INTP

Very important. But the liberal side is NOT the libertarian side, if you haven't noticed already. Bill Clinton had more military interventions to his credit than Dubya has. And the Democrats were traditionally the more warmongering party from the Wilson administration to the Nixon administration.
    Of course modern liberalism isn't as far out as libertarianism on foreign/social policy, but they are a hell of a lot closer to it than modern conservatism.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Of course modern liberalism isn't as far out as libertarianism on foreign/social policy, but they are a hell of a lot closer to it than modern conservatism.
    There are still non-interventionist Republicans, but they don't get elected. And I don't really think modern liberalism is "a hell of a lot closer" to libertarianism on foreign policy than modern conservatism. The original neocons were hawkish liberals, remember. On domestic social policy, I would tend to agree, but I am very much against affirmative action, hate crimes laws, etc.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Libertarian is where a lot of folks like me fit in: socially liberal, but fiscally conservative.

Translation: I don't care who you fuck (as long as it isn't my husband and is capable of consent), and what you do to your body is up to you. But don't expect me to spend my tax dollars on it.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTP

There are still non-interventionist Republicans, but they don't get elected. And I don't really think modern liberalism is "a hell of a lot closer" to libertarianism on foreign policy than modern conservatism. The original neocons were hawkish liberals, remember. On domestic social policy, I would tend to agree, but I am very much against affirmative action, hate crimes laws, etc.
    Why bring up marginal non-interventionist Repubs and old neocons? Repubs tend to be hawks, Dems tend to work more towards diplomacy and don't want to get involved hostilely with other nations as much as Repubs.

(by the way, would you have chose to stay uninvolved in WWII?)