First 1234513 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Its not working right so I just linked it below, here it is again

YouTube - Are you a puppet? Palin/Rove/O'Reilly get owned.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Cool, present evidence, show me how the democrats are just as much or even worse in their deception. You won't be able to, sorry, try though, it will be interesting to watch.
    Remember when Hillary Clinton said she was dodging bullets as she got off a plane in Bosnia, then video came out showing her with children? Yeah, only Republicans...
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Remember when Hillary Clinton said she was dodging bullets as she got off a plane in Bosnia, then video came out showing her with children? Yeah, only Republicans...
    Yes, she said that she was in a danger-zone of some sort but really wasn't, other parts of the area were though correct? Yea, she embellished the story on the spot, but does that equate to absolute reversal on topics that actually matter? Republicans have this innate ability to make something that isn't a big deal into front-page news. Example: The 'you can't put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig' incident, fucking deceptive assholes. Remember how in the 2004 election how they went after Kerry's military record, while bush was the one that abandoned the navy, fucking deceptive assholes

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

This is what I expected, excuses.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This is what I expected, excuses.
    Its not an excuse, what you mentioned is a completely different situation, completely different context and significance level, is that hard to understand for you? Do I have to baby-feed this to you? Is exaggerating your danger in a war-zone equivalent to an absolute double standard with regards to criticism directed at hilary compared to criticism directed at palin? Playing the hurt feelings card for Palin while telling Hilary to deal with it? Wtf?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't think anyone really thinks Democrats don't lie/fumble/deceive/etc... it's an issue of frequency.

Republicans are God's gift to comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't think anyone really thinks Democrats don't lie/fumble/deceive/etc... it's an issue of frequency.
    Exactly! Frequency and severity, because were the democrats to make such severe deceptions as the republicans, the republicans would have the balls to call it and make it a spectacle for the world to see, every newscaster blabbering away about it, it would be disastrous for the democrats, yet the republicans get away with it simply because we are used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Republicans are God's gift to comedy.
    Yes, they truly are real "Winners" aren't they?

MBTI
    xNTJ

Exactly! Frequency and severity, because were the democrats to make such severe deceptions as the republicans, the republicans would have the balls to call it and make it a spectacle for the world to see, every newscaster blabbering away about it, it would be disastrous for the democrats, yet the republicans get away with it simply because we are used to it.
    Do you really believe that the liberal media would jump all over Obama for it? The media has not criticized Obama for his lack of experience or anything else. To hear the mainstream media tell it, Obama is the Messiah sent to Save the Country from evil.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Do you really believe that the liberal media would jump all over Obama for it? The media has not criticized Obama for his lack of experience or anything else. To hear the mainstream media tell it, Obama is the Messiah sent to Save the Country from evil.
    The mainstream media sure did beat the hell out of the Reverend Wright story didn't they? They wouldn't shut up about for a good month or more.

The "liberal" (corporate) media will air anything that gets ratings.

I saw that when it aired on the Daily Show originally. That's one of their most popular bits--juxtaposing clips of the same person at different times. It's very funny stuff.

One of the writers from the Daily Show was interviewed on NPR where he said that you can do that bit with anyone.

Unfortunately, human beings are not entirely consistent.

Politicians (especially in a campaign) are out to win. Expecting consistency from them in particular is ill-advised.

If Barrack Obama gets elected, I'd like to see him do this tax-cut for 95% of the population, but I doubt it will happen. Remember Bush Sr. promising "No new taxes?" That didn't happen either.

I'm still undecided on this election (as I will be till right before the election). But this "small-town values" crap is a real turn-off. It smacks of the rigidity and draconian mind-set of the current administration. I absolutely do not want a Bush Term 3.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield