User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

When I said "around here" I didn't mean MBTIc though, just where I live, I didn't make that clear.

I think it would be the coolest thing ever if we could sync up the whole nation to either not vote or vote 3rd party to remind all deez bitchezz who is boss. Totally unfeasable but totally awesome. Imagine - all that broadcast time wasted on something that in the end, wouldn't even be relevant. Give back all the campaign donations....

It's interesting - my parents have traditionally voted Republican as well, but this election they don't even know what to think. Even my 82-year old conservative Lutheran pastor grandfather is wavering heavily. He apparently called McCain a "dirty dealer." I don't know why, but hearing that he actually used that phrase was about the funniest thing ever.

For any of you wandering by, what were your parents political affiliations and what is the general political affiliation in the area in which you live vs. your own political sentiments?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    So you vote for a candidate based on his supporters rather than what he'll actually do in office?
    Yes. Every time. I don't even bother to see who's running. I just watch the supporters and let them all sway my thoughts. I even voted for Jessica Alba last election because I thought her support was election-based.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    When I said "around here" I didn't mean MBTIc though, just where I live, I didn't make that clear.

I think it would be the coolest thing ever if we could sync up the whole nation to either not vote or vote 3rd party to remind all deez bitchezz who is boss. Totally unfeasable but totally awesome. Imagine - all that broadcast time wasted on something that in the end, wouldn't even be relevant. Give back all the campaign donations....

It's interesting - my parents have traditionally voted Republican as well, but this election they don't even know what to think. Even my 82-year old conservative Lutheran pastor grandfather is wavering heavily. He apparently called McCain a "dirty dealer." I don't know why, but hearing that he actually used that phrase was about the funniest thing ever.

For any of you wandering by, what were your parents political affiliations and what is the general political affiliation in the area in which you live vs. your own political sentiments?
    I'm finding many republican-traditionalistish (because ish makes anything a word...) people having difficulty this term as well, my parents are included in this. I'm sure my father doesn't like McCain because he'd be debating with me much more if he did.. I just know he isn't voting Obama, and finds his difibulator-pacemaker a necessity at the very mention of it.

I live in Houston.. and we have a good mix I think of Republicans and Democrats, many of the Liberals being younger in age though.. In Austin, though, Democrats are definitely outweighing the Republicans. I find that interesting that Texas, the state nearly always crucified by other sates for it's republican ways, has a Democratic capital.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yes. Every time. I don't even bother to see who's running. I just watch the supporters and let them all sway my thoughts. I even voted for Jessica Alba last election because I thought her support was election-based.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I live in Houston.. and we have a good mix I think of Republicans and Democrats, many of the Liberals being younger in age though.. In Austin, though, Democrats are definitely outweighing the Republicans. I find that interesting that Texas, the state nearly always crucified by other sates for it's republican ways, has a Democratic capital.

That's similar to the way it is here in Florida. I live in Tallahassee, the capital, which is heavily Democratic despite its being one of the most traditionally "Southern" cities in Florida. Some of the counties around us also tend to vote Democratic (counties with heavy African-American populations mostly, like ours which is 30% A-A), but aside from that it's red for miles.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

LOL! All I did was paraphrase what you originally said. You are making fun of yourself LMAO!!!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    LOL! All I did was paraphrase what you originally said. You are making fun of yourself LMAO!!!
    LMFAO!! OMGIMROTFFL!1one!!

...Anyways, Zil, That's pretty interesting the way that works out. In the end people are people no matter where they live. I think Texas has about as much time dealing with their democratic invaders as blue states have to put up with their republican crusaders.

That WOULD be interesting to elect the first third party canidate. I thought of Man of the Year when I saw your post.. I think he was independent in that show.. It'd be interesting if someone like that did win presidency. I wonder if it'd be exactly what we needed (Yay for Last Night on Earth!. .. .. Okay, no one's heard of that boardgame but me.) or if the country would sink without the complex web of things politicians have weaved.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Didums, you wanna marry me? Are you male or female, though?
    Hmm, I'll have to think about it, quite a big decision to make and I'm male.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I think Obamaniacs are worse than the Republicans.
    The extreme of one side can be worse than the moderates of another side in many respects yes, but you can also flip this around and it will be true as well (evangelical christian republicans are worse than the democrats).

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    That said, I'm not voting for McCain either.
    Sooooo.... Ralph Nader?

But statements like "I'd rather take the smaller, less smelly pile of shit" get under my skin.
    I'm just expressing my pessimistic view of the election and slight support of Obama (or opposition of McCain), not that it matters because I can't vote and if I could I wouldn't vote for either.

I know right! But wouldn't it suck if ONE person voted and ruined everything? I really do wish that the 3rd party had a stronger say, a weak 3rd party is stupid. We basically let them run for the idea of 'having the choice' but all a 3rd party really does is steal votes from the other two parties, partly sabotaging the side it steals more votes from.

I'm pretty silly on here, but threads have provided plenty of links and such on the issues and where each politician stands on them. I just feel like everytime I say "I don't think Obama has had much experience, I don't like the way he envisions the war efforts, and I hate his legislation being 20 words long."

I certainly won't write boring McCain essays just so someone can glance at it, scoff, and continue to say "The fiscal conservatives are retarded for supporting McCain because war costs money!"
    It's more than just fiscal conservatism. The war is stupid on many levels.

They didn't have WMDs. The administration forged documents to imply they were and lied to the public. They outed Valerie Plame's CIA status for political revenge for her husband, Joe Wilson, making these claims (which turned out to be correct).

What is that you support about the war? If you're not a fiscal conservative, what do you or other non fiscal conservatives, see as the purpose for this war? Obama wants to pull out and was against it from the start, McCain wants to stay indefinitely. And please don't say it's to help the Iraqi people or to spread democracy - because that's absurd.

I'm assuming you support the war, correct me if I'm wrong.

Most Urban areas are democratic for a reason. Folks with higher levels of education (which urban areas attract) tend to prefer the democratic party.

You hate obama supporters, the way I hate rednecks and bible thumpers. But I don't vote against McCain simply because I don't like dumb rednecks - I actually pay attention to their foreign policy and economic platforms.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to think about it, quite a big decision to make and I'm male.
    Haven't you learned the lesson yet? When it comes to politics, there is no thinking! It's all about hormones and rage. Therefore since my marriage proposal was related to politics, you don't get time to think.

Lol, I might be stretching the joke past the point of understanding....

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Most Urban areas are democratic for a reason. Folks with higher levels of education (which urban areas attract) tend to prefer the democratic party.
    This is something I forgot to mention. Tallahassee is very Democratic, and it's also statistically the most educated state in Florida. We have 2 universities and a large community college. It's a seething pit of liberalism .

MBTI
    ESFJ

Actually, high levels of education correlate positively with libertarianism and negatively with authoritarianism. The most educated amongst us generally want the government staying out of their businesses, both personal and economic.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"