User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Who is this "you," Kimo Sabe? I've never voted Republican in my life.
    My apologies, I thought you were a republican for some reason. I was directing it at anyone who would ever consider voting for McCain/Palin.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    My apologies, I thought you were a republican for some reason. I was directing it at anyone who would ever consider voting for McCain/Palin.
    I only stated that I would prefer McCain slightly, because I really fear an increase in the size of government with Democrats controlling the White House and Congress. I'd like to see more gridlock. The last six years Clinton was in office were great times (at least compared to what would follow).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You assumed that because there was any notion of a defense given against Democrats. Just because someone says they're not democratic, or put any favor in republicans, doesn't make them so.

I'm starting to think Democrats tend to have a "If you're not for us, you're against us entirely!" mentality, due to the attitude I've seen from them.

I was under the impression that you vote for what you believe is the best for your country. Lately, all I hear is nonsense about how evil or terrible one side or another is.. How's about letting people make the decision for themselves.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Spoken like a true prodigy.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Expensive? Just the interest rate on the debt incurred by the absurd invasion of Iraq dwarfs any social programs any democrat has ever proposed. Your moaning about pennies while they literally break the bank bombing people, under false pretenses.

The war will cost us over 3 trillion dollars when all is said and done and you call yourself a fiscal conservative?
    Where did you get the idea that I support the war?

No, really. Show me where I've expressed support for the war. Show me where I have posted *anything* indicative of not being fiscally conservative.

I never have. My preference would be that we pulled everyone out right this instant, because we can't afford to fund a war in another country when we're in a state of economic free fall. I don't like the war; I never have. However, that begs the question of what we're supposed to do now that we have destabilized an entire region.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Where did you get the idea that I support the war?

No, really. Show me where I've expressed support for the war. Show me where I have posted *anything* indicative of not being fiscally conservative.

I never have. My preference would be that we pulled everyone out right this instant, because we can't afford to fund a war in another country when we're in a state of economic free fall. I don't like the war; I never have. However, that begs the question of what we're supposed to do now that we have destabilized an entire region.
    I got the impression you were a McCain supporter. Most people who complain about the "liberal" bias of the media usually are.

I also thought you mentioned you agreed with him re: his economic policy which is kind of trumped by his foreign policy.
    McCain is as much of a hawk, and pro occupation as any neo-con. He wants to stay in Iraq, even longer than the Bush Administration does. The negative impact of his military spending, trumps any economic policy he could have, even if he did know what he was talking about there.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I only stated that I would prefer McCain slightly.
    Ok then, by my definition, it makes you republican enough.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Ok then, by my definition, it makes you republican enough.
    I guess I technically AM a Republican right now, but I became one to vote AGAINST John McCain in the primary election (and for Ron Paul, even though he isn't perfect, either). You have to be a party member to vote in the primaries in Pennsylvania. I am switching back to being a registered Independent after the general election/my move to California. I do have a Libertarian Party card lying around somewhere from my high school years, and I am considering voting for Bob Barr (shudder), but I generally find the LP to be a group firmly committed to embarrassing the liberty-inclined in America and to losing elections.

MBTI
    ESFJ

This thread needs pics.

MBTI
    xNTJ

I got the impression you were a McCain supporter. Most people who complain about the "liberal" bias of the media usually are.
    So, you made an assumption.

I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Which means that I don't like either of our candidates.

I loved Clinton.

I hated Bush.

I don't like either of our two candidates, but McCain scares me slightly less than Obama. Especially if we keep a Democratic Congress and House. The deadlock would probably be the best thing for the country, because the chance of either party pushing through something stupid is reduced.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird