User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This whole post is totally nuts. Do you actually believe this stuff or are you just shoveling rhetoric at me? I'm going to assume the later, because the post isn't close to reality in the slightest. In reality there are only two realistic options for who will become president: one guy with a tax plan that will help 20% of Americans more, and one guy with a tax plan that will help 80% of Americans more. That alone should make the choice obvious. Furthermore I am in the 80% demographic. Lastly I think that the plan that helps the 80% more will strengthen the economy more than the 20% plan, which will drag out our recession.

One choice is clearly good for the majority. The other choice is merely giving money to rich people.
    As I've written before, you can't "give" something to someone who owns it already. Besides, you made no attempt to disprove any of my points. I personally don't care whether you are in the bottom 80% or top 20% or if you're a monk with a vow of poverty, the principle remains the same. Call it "nuts" all you want, but facts are facts. And I hope you aren't so envious that you're pissed about other people's tax rates. Personally, I feel for people who have 50-60% of their income taken by taxes every year. That sucks for anyone, and many of these people are some of the most productive contributors for the economy as a whole.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Call it "nuts" all you want, but facts are facts.
    What facts? Your last post that I responded to was all opinion and allegation.
    Besides, you made no attempt to disprove any of my points.
    What points?

And I hope you aren't so envious that you're pissed about other people's tax rates.
    I'm just as envious as Warren Buffet is.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That's why we will never elect a Texan again..
    Ouch--fair play, hey?

A person is not defined by where they grew up. Just because Texans unfortunately have claim to Bush doesn't mean they are all like him.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Ouch--fair play, hey?

A person is not defined by where they grew up. Just because Texans unfortunately have claim to Bush doesn't mean they are all like him.
    And, if you want to be technical, Bush isn't actually a Texan. He may have grown up in Texas, but he was born in Connecticut to Yankee parents.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    And, if you want to be technical, Bush isn't actually a Texan. He may have grown up in Texas, but he was born in Connecticut to Yankee parents.
    Close enough. If you've spend more than a year in any non-Austin part of Texas, the Presidency is forbidden from now on.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    What facts? Your last post that I responded to was all opinion and allegation.
    Is it opinion that rich people have higher tax rates, and provide a much higher amount of revenue than poorer people? No. Is it opinion that many rich (but not super-rich) people consider themselves middle-class or upper-middle-class? No. Is it opinion that the money you earn belongs to you, and that the government takes it by force in order to pay (ostensibly) for its day-to-day functions? No. So, where is all the opinion and allegation? The class envy part? If you can come up with an alternate line of reasoning why someone with a lower tax rate can be pissed off at someone with a higher tax rate (when it comes to paying their share of taxes), then I am all ears. You haven't even attempted that thus far.

What points?
    That marginal income tax rates are too high across the board, that many rich people mistakenly believe they're middle-class, that it's pure envy to be angry about rich people's tax rates if they're higher than yours. . . You know, the body of the text.

I'm just as envious as Warren Buffet is.
    Warren Buffett pays the way-too-high rate, and sympathizes with his employees who make way less, but whose rates are still high. You seem to sympathize with no one wealthier and more taxed than you, so no, you're not.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Close enough. If you've spend more than a year in any non-Austin part of Texas, the Presidency is forbidden from now on.
    "The plan is working. We gave America one of its most incompetent Presidents ever. Soon, Texas will be able to secede from the union and will take over the world because everything is big in Texas!"

: "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTP

Warren Buffett pays the way-too-high rate, and sympathizes with his employees who make way less, but whose rates are still high. You seem to sympathize with no one wealthier and more taxed than you, so no, you're not.
    Well, not exactly... Buffet pays a lower marginal rate than most people.

But while you stand on the moral box of not taking what does not belong to you, you have not quantified why those rates are too high. What is too high to you? What is just right? What's too low? How do you determine it?

Do you believe that it causes income mobility - that is, the free market will allow income mobility? Or is it just a moral concept that guides your belief?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Well, not exactly... Buffet pays a lower marginal rate than most people.
    Warren Buffett's salary is like $50,000 a year. He gets taxed at the lower corporate dividends and capital gains rates on almost all of his money, because he makes it through Berkshire Hathaway's business interests. However, the company gets taxed at the corporate income tax rate (which is 35%), so he already has had a big chunk taken out by the time the money reaches him. Warren Buffett had a much higher percentage of his money taken by taxes last year than I did, I can guarantee you.

But while you stand on the moral box of not taking what does not belong to you, you have not quantified why those rates are too high. What is too high to you? What is just right? What's too low? How do you determine it?

Do you believe that it causes income mobility - that is, the free market will allow income mobility? Or is it just a moral concept that guides your belief?
    In my perfect world, there would be no federal personal or corporate income tax rates, but I'd be willing to pay into a workable negative income tax system to guarantee a minimum income. Of course, this would only be if the Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid/welfare superstructures were demolished, and the entire federal government re-worked. Being more realistic, I'd love to see everyone's rates slashed in half, with the federal government's budget reduced by more than half, starting with ending the War in Iraq, the War on Drugs, corporate and farm subsidies, etc.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Warren Buffett's salary is like $50,000 a year. He gets taxed at the lower corporate dividends and capital gains rates on almost all of his money, because he makes it through Berkshire Hathaway's business interests. However, the company gets taxed at the corporate income tax rate (which is 35%), so he already has had a big chunk taken out by the time the money reaches him. Warren Buffett had a much higher percentage of his money taken by taxes last year than I did, I can guarantee you.
    awww poor guy. he'll get through it. our thoughts are with him.