User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    [youtube=1PERKBFgg_I] 9/11 TM Special Comment[/youtube]

Bravo, bravo.
    wow the guy has real balls.

only a special kind of person is willing to die for the truth. too bad there aren't more like him. Then maybe the US would still stay on top for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I basically agree with what Olbermann was saying here, though I always flinch a bit when anyone expresses opinions in such a rhetorical way as he did. The thing I had the most problem with is what came at the end, when he was drilling McCain for witholding information about capturing Bin Laden. I didn't like it because it was based on a silly premise. Everything Olbermann said would be true if we could take McCain's comments totally literally and seriously. But we can't. Anyone who realistically knows politics knows that McCain was just pandering. Is that bad? Yeah, and it would have been topic worthy of dissecting. But instead, Olbermann went on about the implications of the unlikely premise that McCain really did possess amazing secrets for catching Bin Laden.
    Yes the end had a definite appeal to emotion and I did see it as rediculous to literally interpret McCain's words. The part was a little bit long and excessive but the main idea was that McCain shouldn't spew lies like that around because if he said was indeed true than what Olbermann said would be true to some extent.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Politics is nearly always hypocritical lol, they say what they are told at the time and then change their stance when it is unpopular.
    Not an excuse. In fact, that is closer to tu quoque than was anything I said. It's basically an "everyone else is doing it, so why can't I?" argument.

Who the fuck cares about Sarah Palin? The republicans are using her as an invinsible shield from criticism whilst at the same time taking all the attention off McCain because he's the one that should be scrutinized. All one has to do is take a look at her political history, (her actions as a politician), and her current stances to see that she's unfit to serve as VP (she's a friggin creationist that shoots moose from airplanes, theres my dose of ad hom).
    Obviously, Keith Olbermann cares enough about her to harp on her faults and peccadilloes (some real, some imagined). Personally, I don't care if she's a Creationist, Scientologist, or any other religion, and there's nothing wrong with hunting, either. I'll judge her on her policies (and she is a failure by those standards, although she's better than the majority of the current crop in Washington).

Lets look at this mathematically

Conservative newspeople do something negative while the politics is neutral (theoretically of course)

So,

0 - 1 = -1

Then, to counteract the bullshit, the 'left-wingers' add one to the equation

-1 + 1 = 0

This is depending on perspective however, it can be reversed in the eyes of someone in the opposite stance. However, we must look at who exactly was the first Cause of the displacement. In this case, with 9/11, the republicans are guilty of propagating bullshit first, therefore the democrats must counteract it afterwards.

This is complete nonsense. You don't counteract bullshit from one side with bullshit from another. Keith Olbermann is not interested in telling the unvarnished truth on his show. I resent that he provides clear political commentary under the guise of journalistic integrity and "speaking truth to power" and all that other crap.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    istp

In this case, with 9/11, the republicans are guilty of propagating bullshit first, therefore the democrats must counteract it afterwards.
    To sum it all up, both sides are full of shit.

I will grant neither Olbermann nor Hannity the recognition of cajones because they merely preach to the choir. Stephen Colbert's bit at the White House Correspondent's Dinner, now that takes (some) guts.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    wow the guy has real balls.

only a special kind of person is willing to die for the truth. too bad there aren't more like him. Then maybe the US would still stay on top for a long time.
    Real balls? It didn't take any sort of inner strength to make that emotional appeal. He's telling his viewers what he knew they wanted to hear.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know anything about Keith Olbermann as a person or newscaster, but I must say, I am shocked, in the best of ways, by this daringly and bitingly honest piece of commentary. His logos and ethos resonated deeply within me and appealed to my Fi/Te predilections.

"The blind endorsing the bland, to a chorus of, '9/11 TM, 9/11 TM, 9/11 TM'"

The facts are there but require one to seek out multiple, reliable, unbiased sources. And to know the facts is the first step to potentially understanding the reasons behind them.

As a nation, we know very little, we believe what we see on T.V. and we much rather follow the crowd than actually have to think! And thus, regarding political affairs, amongst other things, we are tragicomedically led to enthusiastically dig the graves in which we will be buried (unbeknownst to us) by our executioners, themselves!!!

:sad:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    This is complete nonsense. You don't counteract bullshit from one side with bullshit from another. Keith Olbermann is not interested in telling the unvarnished truth on his show. I resent that he provides clear political commentary under the guise of journalistic integrity and "speaking truth to power" and all that other crap.
    Edited my post for clarification.

"""Lets look at this mathematically

Conservative newspeople take advantage of 9/11 as a political tool to use to their own advantage

So,

0 - 1 = -1

Then, Olbermann calls bullshit on their tactics and explains why what they did is wrong. He may use bad tactics in the process, but that is not the matter of discussion, he is still filling in the hole that was made by the conservatives, you can say that he is filling the hole up with Shit, but its a filled whole nonetheless.

-1 + 1 = 0

This is depending on perspective however, it can be reversed in the eyes of someone in the opposite stance. However, we must look at who exactly was the first Cause of the displacement. In this case, with 9/11, the republicans are guilty of propagating bullshit first, therefore the democrats must counteract it afterwards. """

Am I better understood?

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I was going to go with a "your logic is flawed," myself.
    I'd appreciate it if you would show me how my logic is flawed rather than stating it. An NTJ is not one to just Say that logic is flawed by to Show how it is.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Real balls? It didn't take any sort of inner strength to make that emotional appeal. He's telling his viewers what he knew they wanted to hear.
    well granted that he would have had more balls if he said this 3-4 years ago, when the CIA was more in tune with Bush...

but still. What he said is true. I guarantee no matter how pro war someone is, no one would be willing to die saying there was WMD in Iraq.

In the end, people will only be willing to die if what they know is 100% true.

So let the truths clash. And lets see who is willing to go how far when shiet is REALLY on the line.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Stephen Colbert's bit at the White House Correspondent's Dinner, now that takes (some) guts.

oh yeah. that one was like WOW! balls the size of montana. haha