User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

And bear in mind, for Christ's sake, that most people who watch TV don't know the difference between journalism and editorials, so misinformation and miscellaneous reckless shit abounds.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Then why mention the hypocrisy? It has no bearing on the argument. If it is mentioned for any reason it should have inferences, the inference being that the argument is wrong. You clearly don't like Olbermann, but mentioning his hypocrisy only validates your disdain for him, I was expecting you to justify why you don't like him by stating why his is Wrong.
    Because hypocrisy is a negative characteristic when it comes to political commentary on its face. I can criticize that, and it's valid. I also mentioned his attacks on Sarah Palin. He distorts statements and positions, offers up opinion as fact, and he's become an a propaganda wing of a political campaign. How can one defend what he does as a corrective to conservative "newspeople" when he does the same things they do?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post

Didums has already stated how he thinks 9/11 is a government conspiracy, in another thread. So...yeah...I'm not taking him too seriously.
    Lol, i said "call me a conspiracty theorist..." in a joking tone.

I don't think they loaded the building up with bombs to bring it down, or that zionist jews did it or anything crazy like that.

I have justification in believing that our government had known about the coming attacks and chose not to prepare for them. Why? Because the bush administration was warned about terror threats and chose to ignore them. They plead ignorance in the light of evidence that proves that they had foreknowledge of the attacks, they are scum.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I basically agree with what Olbermann was saying here, though I always flinch a bit when anyone expresses opinions in such a rhetorical way as he did. The thing I had the most problem with is what came at the end, when he was drilling McCain for witholding information about capturing Bin Laden. I didn't like it because it was based on a silly premise. Everything Olbermann said would be true if we could take McCain's comments totally literally and seriously. But we can't. Anyone who realistically knows politics knows that McCain was just pandering. Is that bad? Yeah, and it would have been topic worthy of dissecting. But instead, Olbermann went on about the implications of the unlikely premise that McCain really did possess amazing secrets for catching Bin Laden.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I basically agree with what Olbermann was saying here, though I always flinch a bit when anyone expresses opinions in such a rhetorical way as he did. The thing I had the most problem with is what came at the end, when he was drilling McCain for witholding information about capturing Bin Laden. I didn't like it because it was based on a silly premise. Everything Olbermann said would be true if we could take McCain's comments totally literally and seriously. But we can't. Anyone who realistically knows politics knows that McCain was just pandering. Is that bad? Yeah, and it would have been topic worthy of dissecting. But instead, Olbermann went on about the implications of the unlikely premise that McCain really did possess amazing secrets for catching Bin Laden.
    Good Point. Anyone with sense knows a politician with knowledge of Bin Laden's location would destroy him and report back shortly. If ONLY to be awarded some high position.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Because hypocrisy is a negative characteristic when it comes to political commentary on its face. I can criticize that, and it's valid. I also mentioned his attacks on Sarah Palin. He distorts statements and positions, offers up opinion as fact, and he's become an a propaganda wing of a political campaign.
    Politics is nearly always hypocritical lol, they say what they are told at the time and then change their stance when it is unpopular.

Who the fuck cares about Sarah Palin? The republicans are using her as an invinsible shield from criticism whilst at the same time taking all the attention off McCain because he's the one that should be scrutinized. All one has to do is take a look at her political history, (her actions as a politician), and her current stances to see that she's unfit to serve as VP (she's a friggin creationist that shoots moose from airplanes, theres my dose of ad hom).

How can one defend what he does as a corrective to conservative "newspeople" when he does the same things they do?
    Lets look at this mathematically

Conservative newspeople take advantage of 9/11 as a political tool to use to their own advantage

So,

0 - 1 = -1

Then, Olbermann calls bullshit on their tactics and explains why what they did is wrong. He may use bad tactics in the process, but that is not the matter of discussion, he is still filling in the hole that was made by the conservatives, you can say that he is filling the hole up with Shit, but its a filled whole nonetheless.

-1 + 1 = 0

This is depending on perspective however, it can be reversed in the eyes of someone in the opposite stance. However, we must look at who exactly was the first Cause of the displacement. In this case, with 9/11, the republicans are guilty of propagating bullshit first, therefore the democrats must counteract it afterwards.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Your dichotomies are laughable.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I am speechless! That was too good! I have never been pwned so hard in my life! Want a cookie?

Also, you know that TeFi makes no sense right? You're type description is laughable! Muahahahhaha!

MBTI
    xNTJ

I was going to go with a "your logic is flawed," myself.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Banned
    MBTI
    type

*NOM NOM*