veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Olbermann is definitely nuts.

I never liked him on Sportscenter either. He reminded me of those dudes in school that you just wanted to punch.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    He was doing the same thing in reverse, though. What would have people thought if Republicans, during their quadrennial convention in early September, didn't mention 9/11 or show images from it? God, I am so pissed that this is making me defend Republicans.
    Of course he was. And if the people who enjoyed his rant don't recognize that, they're just tools.

Didums has already stated how he thinks 9/11 is a government conspiracy, in another thread. So...yeah...I'm not taking him too seriously.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Ad Hominem Tu Quoque
    I pointed out a legitimate hypocrisy. I didn't excuse GOP grandstanding, did I? How would that be fallacious?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Does that make him invalid?
    No, it makes him NOT A THINKER. I can't get enough of Feelers when they're say, doing other things than propagandizing on TV.

I pointed out a legitimate hypocrisy. I didn't excuse GOP grandstanding, did I? How would that be fallacious?
    Just because he hadn't upheld the values (in the past) that he was arguing against, doesn't mean that what he is arguing is wrong.

Person A makes claim X.
    Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
    Therefore X is false.

^ fallacious reasoning

MBTI
    xNTJ

So you'd rather be shovelled bullshit down your throat just because you don't like the guy? Just because he feels the need to do what he thinks is important as a journalist, informing the people of the truth? I'm sorry but this is the kind of action that is needed to counteract the horseshit that is being fed to us from conservative newscasters.
    His "truths" are so filled with the bias of his own reviews that he is not a journalist. His show is a liberal concept of the Glenn Beck show: an opinion show, not journalism.

I feel that it is gross misrepresentation to call Olbermann a journalist.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    His "truths" are so filled with the bias of his own reviews that he is not a journalist. His show is a liberal concept of the Glenn Beck show: an opinion show, not journalism.

I feel that it is gross misrepresentation to call Olbermann a journalist.
    If he had no bias he wouldn't be on national television

MBTI
    ESFJ

Just because he hadn't upheld the values (in the past) that he was arguing against, doesn't mean that what he is arguing is wrong.

Person A makes claim X.
    Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
    Therefore X is false.

^ fallacious reasoning
    Elegantly put, except for one little niggle: I NEVER CONCLUDED THAT X IS FALSE. I never stated that Republicans didn't do what he said they did, or that it was OK.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Elegantly put, except for one little niggle: I NEVER CONCLUDED THAT X IS FALSE. I never stated that Republicans didn't do what he said they did.
    Then why mention the hypocrisy? It has no bearing on the argument. If it is mentioned for any reason it should have inferences, the inference being that the argument is wrong. You clearly don't like Olbermann, but mentioning his hypocrisy only validates your disdain for him, I was expecting you to justify why you don't like him by stating why his is Wrong.

MBTI
    xNTJ

If he had no bias he wouldn't be on national television
    I'm not disputing whether he does or does not belong on national television. I am disputing the "journalism" tag.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird