User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: 9/11

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default 9/11

Take some time today to remember what happened.

MBTI
    ISTx

Roger that.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I remember every day that I wake up in the middle east.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I watched the MSNBC realtime coverage for awhile this morning. I had to switch it off because I could feel myself getting anxious remembering that day. It was my daughter's second birthday and I tried to play with her on the floor in such a way that she would always face away from the television. I couldn't turn it off. I called Noah at work and was talking to him when the first tower fell. He decided it was time to come home when I said I thought the building had collapsed, but I couldn't quite tell from all the smoke.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I watched the MSNBC realtime coverage for awhile this morning. I had to switch it off because I could feel myself getting anxious remembering that day. It was my daughter's second birthday and I tried to play with her on the floor in such a way that she would always face away from the television. I couldn't turn it off. I called Noah at work and was talking to him when the first tower fell. He decided it was time to come home when I said I thought the building had collapsed, but I couldn't quite tell from all the smoke.
    It's crazy how many people I know that have that birthday. There are three in my family, alone.

I don't like to remember it. I can understand family members of the victims remembering. But for society, as a whole, focusing on this seems counter-productive to me. It's not about finding practical solutions, it's more like emotional masturbation.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I remember the day clearly.

I was finishing up my Undergrad and my Tuesday schedule had a single class at 3:45PM. As such, I slept in a little bit and awoke around 9.

Flipping on the TV was...indescribable. Almost every station was showing the same horizon shots of the wounded towers spewing gray smoke.

It's hard to explain the emotional response to an event of such magnitude. I felt truly alone. I didn't know what to do. I went to the student union and sat in the now-crowded auditorium.

People were crying. Some were talking on their cell phones. Others silent.

Watching.

One of the worst days of my life.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I never understood that response. I didn't know anyone in those towers. I'm sure if I had, I would have felt differently. I was never upset. If anything, I was in awe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I never understood that response. I didn't know anyone in those towers. I'm sure if I had, I would have felt differently. I was never upset. If anything, I was in awe.
    Understandable.

The strength of my response is owed to the fact that I knew someone.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am not really the religious type, but I read the Bible often as a young man. I guess I didn't care for the Catholic rules and rituals much, and wanting to get straight to the text itself. Anyway, this is the verse I wrote on a 9/11 memorial wall on September 11, 2002, in Philadelphia.

"Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but for those advising peace there is joy. . ." Proverbs 12:20

Now go hug someone who needs it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ

Never forget, and never forgive the religion that caused it and countless atrocities afterwards (and before) is what I say.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^