User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: 9/11

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Never forget, and never forgive the religion that caused it and countless atrocities afterwards (and before) is what I say.
    This is what I'm talking about. This is not rational.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I never understood that response. I didn't know anyone in those towers. I'm sure if I had, I would have felt differently. I was never upset. If anything, I was in awe.
    I was disturbed afterward, when I had time to think about it more. I have a powerful imagination. I thought of what it must have been like to make a decision like jumping out of a skyscraper window or burning to death. And I thought of other things too, that are even worse.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I have to fly tomorrow. Yes I'm a little superstitious. I'm bringing an ample supply of Ativan.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Never forget, and never forgive the religion that caused it and countless atrocities afterwards (and before) is what I say.
    That's just plain stupid.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

If Falcarius remembers correctly he had just got let out of mathematics class early when the first tower came down, as it was the first mathematics class of the year, by the time the second one came down he was watching it on the news at home.

It did not really sink in until he had to stand outside in the rain with around seven hundred annoying people, the next day, for a 'moment of silence'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

heart on fire

Every Sept 11 they come out like a mantra, "Never Forget", is there any of us who are likely to forget? Isn't it constantly on the news and in the general talk? Who is likely to forget?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Every Sept 11 they come out like a mantra, "Never Forget", is there any of us who are likely to forget? Isn't it constantly on the news and in the general talk? Who is likely to forget?
    I agree, and I think this relates to a point I was making earlier. Making such a big deal out of a day like today only serves to stir up emotions. I see no useful purpose, unless you're goal is to stir up emotions. And why would anyone want to do that?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    istp

Yeah, it's really annoying. I don't want to have to deal with the cry-police on this day for the rest of my life.
    No offense.

I know that this probably not the best thread or time to post this but I just want to prove that this can happen.

9/11 Stupidity

heart on fire

Those people will be stupid anyway. The stupid will always be with us. I am talking about people who pay basic attention to current affairs and the world in which they live. How many of these people are likely to forget?