User Tag List

123 Last

Default bi-national state

hi

do you think a bi-national state in israel will bring peace between palestine and israelis?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

No, this would just create a two-class society. They just need to fight it out until one side submits.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    They just need to fight it out until one side submits.
    In summary: They will eliminate each other.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    In summary: They will eliminate each other.
    Probably not. But if a culture is so stubborn that it won't change, even when faced with oblivion, I say let them.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Oberon

If the Palestinians and their allies would quit attacking, the sporadic fighting would end. The Israelis would gladly live and let live... they need Palis like we in the US need Mexicans.

MBTI
    ENTJ

A bi-national state? You mean Israel's national suicide? Funny. No.

If the Palestinians wouldn't attack, Israel would have no need to resort to the tactics it does.

If it had been the Israelis with the rocks and poorly guided rockets and rifles and the Palestinians with the tanks and fighter jets, everyone knows there'd be no Israel.

But I say the world's opinion is hypocrisy anyway. America manifested its own destiny by kicking a lot of Indian and Mexican ass. Remember that in the beginning, everything west of the 13 colonies was uncivilized aside from a few Spanish colonies in California.

So too do I think Israel has the right to manifest its own destiny.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by passingby View Post
    hi

do you think a bi-national state in israel will bring peace between palestine and israelis?
    In doing so, you're eroding the sense of autonomy each is willing to sacrifice generations of soldiers to "protect".

Not a realistic negotiation to broker.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Nope, not till Jesus comes. No peace till then. This was said by a Palestinian Christian when asked if there would ever be peace there.

I agree with him.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

I'm in accord with the fact that Israel won't easily be prepared to give up their one Jewish state goal nor will Palestine give up their national identity. Both sides would have to agree in order to make this work. And I think it's far fetched anyway.

But what if the US government stop aiding Israel and open votes for all people living there? Another question, even if a binational state does become a reality, under what ever circumstances, do you think it will bring peace? And why?

Many thanks

MBTI
    ENTJ

Anyone that thinks the U.S. will end its support of Israel is a fool.

Put it this way: if Israel was this evil nation that Palestinians made it out to be, they wouldn't be alive to cry about how evil it is. They'd all be dead by carpet bombing and tank shelling.

Palestinians try to murder civilians. Israelis use percision guided bombs to try and minimize collateral damage.

The burden of peace is NOT on Israel.

Edit: If there were two states, the only way there'd be peace is if the Palestinians stopped attacking Israel. The end. But that won't happen, because most Palestinians hate Israel anyway.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^