User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 71

  1. #11
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Anyone that thinks the U.S. will end its support of Israel is a fool.

    Put it this way: if Israel was this evil nation that Palestinians made it out to be, they wouldn't be alive to cry about how evil it is. They'd all be dead by carpet bombing and tank shelling.

    Palestinians try to murder civilians. Israelis use percision guided bombs to try and minimize collateral damage.

    The burden of peace is NOT on Israel.

    Edit: If there were two states, the only way there'd be peace is if the Palestinians stopped attacking Israel. The end. But that won't happen, because most Palestinians hate Israel anyway.

    I support that State of Israel, but to imply that Israelis have never done anything wrong or punitive to the Palestinians is just not right.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #12
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    I'm all for a bisexual state, especially because Israelis are hot.

  3. #13
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    I hear that!

    Benjamin Netanyahu seems like an unselfish kisser.

  4. #14
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I support that State of Israel, but to imply that Israelis have never done anything wrong or punitive to the Palestinians is just not right.
    I don't think that's the thrust of what he was saying.

    I think the point is that the Israelis don't seek the utter destruction of the Palis, while the Palis do seek the utter destruction of the Israelis.

    The PLO still considers itself under mandate to push the Israelis into the sea. If the Palestinians quit attacking, there would be peace.

    That doesn't make the Israelis innocent, of course; there's blame for both sides.

  5. #15
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I don't think that's the thrust of what he was saying.

    I think the point is that the Israelis don't seek the utter destruction of the Palis, while the Palis do seek the utter destruction of the Israelis.

    The PLO still considers itself under mandate to push the Israelis into the sea. If the Palestinians quit attacking, there would be peace.

    That doesn't make the Israelis innocent, of course; there's blame for both sides.
    I honestly do not believe that the majority of Palestinians still want to destroy Israel. Not through slaying every last Israeli, anyway.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #16
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I honestly do not believe that the majority of Palestinians still want to destroy Israel. Not through slaying every last Israeli, anyway.
    Probably not, but they have repeatedly chosen policy makers who do.

  7. #17
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Probably not, but they have repeatedly chosen policy makers who do.
    I'll cut them a little slack in that regard, because they had no leaders besides terrorists for 40+ years. There is a long road to hoe left, but Israel is responsible for some of it. If you go back in time, the biggest problems were the British Mandate and the hamhanded way the Western powers carved out the State of Israel post-WWII.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I support that State of Israel, but to imply that Israelis have never done anything wrong or punitive to the Palestinians is just not right.
    War isn't about who is right. It's about who is left. If you were surrounded on all sides by people that actively try to kill you, I'd say you killing *them* would be perfectly justifiable.

    In fact, the world would be a lot better of a place without people that try to actively kill everyone in the free world in the name of their religion.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

  9. #19
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    War isn't about who is right. It's about who is left. If you were surrounded on all sides by people that actively try to kill you, I'd say you killing *them* would be perfectly justifiable.

    In fact, the world would be a lot better of a place without people that try to actively kill everyone in the free world in the name of their religion.
    This argument is about more than just Allah vs. Yahweh (who are the same god, BTW).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Of course. But if a group of people are trying to kill you, and not for political reasons, but because they believe it is their god-given command to do so, should we REALLY trying to be pushing for a PEACE with those people?

    Until they don't believe that, in my book, they might as well be dead, because if they won't be killed, they'll throw their own lives away just to kill others.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Similar Threads

  1. Nation States
    By asynartetic in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-12-2017, 10:02 AM
  2. National Character?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
  3. A World beyond Politics? A Defense of the Nation-State
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. bi-polar bomb dropped
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 05:32 AM
  5. Kid Nation
    By Atomic Fiend in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO