User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Anyone that thinks the U.S. will end its support of Israel is a fool.

Put it this way: if Israel was this evil nation that Palestinians made it out to be, they wouldn't be alive to cry about how evil it is. They'd all be dead by carpet bombing and tank shelling.

Palestinians try to murder civilians. Israelis use percision guided bombs to try and minimize collateral damage.

The burden of peace is NOT on Israel.

Edit: If there were two states, the only way there'd be peace is if the Palestinians stopped attacking Israel. The end. But that won't happen, because most Palestinians hate Israel anyway.

I support that State of Israel, but to imply that Israelis have never done anything wrong or punitive to the Palestinians is just not right.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm all for a bisexual state, especially because Israelis are hot.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I hear that!

Benjamin Netanyahu seems like an unselfish kisser.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I support that State of Israel, but to imply that Israelis have never done anything wrong or punitive to the Palestinians is just not right.
    I don't think that's the thrust of what he was saying.

I think the point is that the Israelis don't seek the utter destruction of the Palis, while the Palis do seek the utter destruction of the Israelis.

The PLO still considers itself under mandate to push the Israelis into the sea. If the Palestinians quit attacking, there would be peace.

That doesn't make the Israelis innocent, of course; there's blame for both sides.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I don't think that's the thrust of what he was saying.

I think the point is that the Israelis don't seek the utter destruction of the Palis, while the Palis do seek the utter destruction of the Israelis.

The PLO still considers itself under mandate to push the Israelis into the sea. If the Palestinians quit attacking, there would be peace.

That doesn't make the Israelis innocent, of course; there's blame for both sides.
    I honestly do not believe that the majority of Palestinians still want to destroy Israel. Not through slaying every last Israeli, anyway.

Oberon

I honestly do not believe that the majority of Palestinians still want to destroy Israel. Not through slaying every last Israeli, anyway.
    Probably not, but they have repeatedly chosen policy makers who do.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Probably not, but they have repeatedly chosen policy makers who do.
    I'll cut them a little slack in that regard, because they had no leaders besides terrorists for 40+ years. There is a long road to hoe left, but Israel is responsible for some of it. If you go back in time, the biggest problems were the British Mandate and the hamhanded way the Western powers carved out the State of Israel post-WWII.

MBTI
    ENTJ

War isn't about who is right. It's about who is left. If you were surrounded on all sides by people that actively try to kill you, I'd say you killing *them* would be perfectly justifiable.

In fact, the world would be a lot better of a place without people that try to actively kill everyone in the free world in the name of their religion.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    War isn't about who is right. It's about who is left. If you were surrounded on all sides by people that actively try to kill you, I'd say you killing *them* would be perfectly justifiable.

In fact, the world would be a lot better of a place without people that try to actively kill everyone in the free world in the name of their religion.
    This argument is about more than just Allah vs. Yahweh (who are the same god, BTW).

MBTI
    ENTJ

Of course. But if a group of people are trying to kill you, and not for political reasons, but because they believe it is their god-given command to do so, should we REALLY trying to be pushing for a PEACE with those people?

Until they don't believe that, in my book, they might as well be dead, because if they won't be killed, they'll throw their own lives away just to kill others.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^