User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Officer David Kanapsky

Check this out. Maybe I should become a cop.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

Why even toe the line. Just confiscate people's stuff and sell it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Sounds like Waldo, Florida. It's this little hole in the wall town on US 301. They've posted signs on 301 as you come into Waldo cautioning you that speed limits are strictly enforced. The whole damned town is a speed trap. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if speeding tickets were the town's primary source of revenue.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Sounds like Waldo, Florida. It's this little hole in the wall town on US 301. They've posted signs on 301 as you come into Waldo cautioning you that speed limits are strictly enforced. The whole damned town is a speed trap. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if speeding tickets were the town's primary source of revenue.
    I've been through Waldo, on my way to Jacksonville. I got a ticket on that drive, too...bastards. I don't remember if it was in Waldo, or not, but I'll just assume it was.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I used to live near there.

Speed-trap city.

TOTAL crap. I contested a ticket because I hadn't done anything wrong. The cop never showed, I won by default.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    xNTJ

I've been through Waldo, on my way to Jacksonville. I got a ticket on that drive, too...bastards. I don't remember if it was in Waldo, or not, but I'll just assume it was.
    I never got a ticket there, but I did get hammered outside of Lawtey. In a construction zone. Doing 40 miles over the speed limit. Without my driver's license.

Fortunately, I had a cop that responded well to tears. He took my driver's license off of my checks, since it was printed there (and people still wrote checks at grocery stores), and then gave me a ticket for doing 9 miles over in a non-construction zone.

I discovered after that another highway. Can't remember what the number is, but it's past Citra and takes you through Keystone Heights. You hop on that road just before you get to a crappy grocery store. (I haven't made that drive [Zephyrhills to Jacksonville Beach] on a regular basis in about nine years, so my memory is a little rusty.)
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Lucky girl! If that had been me, I'd have been arrested.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Lucky girl! If that had been me, I'd have been arrested.
    I'm just glad that I never got pulled over while changing clothes and driving. :P I used to leave from my job in Jax Beach on Fridays and just drive straight home to Zephyrhills. I wasn't going to drive in my work clothes, and I wanted to hit the road as quickly as possible. So I changed clothes while driving on I-95 many times.

Turns out that the ability to change clothes while speeding on the interstate is an unusual skill.

But one thing that I have discovered through the years is that having boobs helps one avoid getting arrested. Unless it's a female cop.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't believe that you can change clothes while driving down the highway. I want video proof!

MBTI
    xNTJ

I don't believe that you can change clothes while driving down the highway. I want video proof!
    LOL! Any excuse to see me naked.