User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Suggestions for new fines, charges and other changes for the sake of common sense.

Foremost.
    #1 Politicians should be fined and possibly jailed if they do not make a good enough try to fulfil their promises made to get elected.
    (that'd keep them on their toes!)
    Last edited by Xander; 09-10-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

An aside: I think hierarchies look much better upside-down, and I become physically aroused when a Top Man gets his just desserts. A la Ken Lay & Jeff Skilling.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think that could only work if politicians were to sign a contract stating their campaign promises, explicitly, before being sworn into office. And even that is iffy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I'm in favor. The problem is that most promises are so vaguely worded that it's impossible to definitively say if they've been broken. And who is the authority that gets to decide?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

#2 Shops should be fined for everyday they do all christmassy before November.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Notes on #1

It's seemed ridiculous to me ever since my SO got involved in local politics that someone can stand and claim that they will do x, y and z only to do a 180 when they're elected and there's nothing you can do about it until next time when usually people have forgotten about it and also your have the six months of good behaviour just beforehand. Surely if some corner shop is bound by law to display sell by dates and ensure that anyone he sells cigarettes to is old enough then someone with such wide impact on their area should be held to a higher standard?

If I were to start selling t-shirts with some picture printed on the front and delivering them with no back to them then I would most likely be pursued for such practices and yet someone elected into the highest office who then betrays all of what they said they were going to do gets nothing more than an increased likelihood of not getting re-elected in a few years.. the whole system just encourages short term gains, dupes and ploys. The only risk is not regaining your job which is inherant in that kind of work anyhow.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    #2 Shops should be fined for everyday they do all christmassy before November.
    Oh hell yeah. I was at the mall on the weekend and one of the department stores was already selling Christmas decorations. At least they hadn't actually started playing Christmas carols but I don't think that's too far away. :steam:
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Oh hell yeah. I was at the mall on the weekend and one of the department stores was already selling Christmas decorations. At least they hadn't actually started playing Christmas carols but I don't think that's too far away. :steam:
    I intend spending large amounts of time driving a milk float around the city center playing "I won't be home for Christmas" from about next week onwards.

They always say when it comes to democracy "there's no point having a voice unless you use it".

I intend to test that theory

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Dear, Mr Xander

When you become the new Oliver Cromwell dictator of Great Britain can you fine anyone who wears any type of Burberry apparel in public, whether authentic or feign, because it looks like a picnic rug that someone has just been sick on?

Thanks,

Falcarius Utahensis
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Dear, Mr Xander

When you become the new Oliver Cromwell dictator of Great Britain can you fine anyone who wears any type of Burberry apparel in public, whether authentic or feign, because it looks like a picnic rug that someone has just been sick on?

Thanks,

Falcarius Utahensis
    Ah a good plan. Who said you were a dinosaur of politics?

I'm sure my brother in law would be mortified to see his clan pattern removed from service but at least then we might see some variation.