First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

#4 (I'm placing burberry as #3)

Those new anti terrorism laws... I see little difference between the acts of terrorism perpetrated by those with political goals and those perpetrated for other means. As such I'd place all acts of hooliganism as subject to the same guidlines and laws as terrorism. Perhaps with a more severe system even the really thick ones will think twice.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTP

I kind of like that politicians don't get much done in our system. Hitler got A LOT done.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I kind of like that politicians don't get much done in our system. Hitler got A LOT done.
    I agree. The last things we need in modern society are MORE rules and regulations.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I believe a more positive comparison would be the Romans. Besides since when does getting things done lead to a dictatorship?
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I agree. The last things we need in modern society are MORE rules and regulations.
    You've got too many now...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

#5 (having altered the title to allow for this) Clothes.

All shops sell clothes based on measurements and not "sizes". No small, medium and large no size 14 (which is never the same between two makes of size 14 anyhow) no shoes with "size 7" printed on them (as if that ever makes any sense). Everything should have the sizes listed and all of them should take the measurement from a generally agreed location (or just accept the French method... it's quicker). Measurements should be listed in metric and imperial (just for those backwards places and anyone over the age of about 25.. well around here anyway).

I also think it would be a marvellous idea that before any shop is allowed to set up or before any brand is allowed within a country the ruling body (which ever it may be) should ensure that that shop or brand does not reinforce elitist "perfect shape" BS on people. If it's a fashion shop fine... what's their problem? Do their clothes look like *#@% on anyone over a size 4?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

#6 Cars

It's simple, put all the charges on fuel. Road tax, insurance, etc etc. Why? Because those who drive more or drive excessive cars are more likely to cause damage to the road, get involved in accidents (or when they do make them really cataclysmic) etc.

It's daft that the richer you are the better deals you get on insurance and such... your car is a 12 litre supercharged monstrosity and yet the only thing you get told off about is emmisions... never mind your drinking a lake per mile. Plus nationalising insurance might stop it being the only legalised form of robbery and mob racket left.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    #5 (having altered the title to allow for this) Clothes.

All shops sell clothes based on measurements and not "sizes". No small, medium and large no size 14 (which is never the same between two makes of size 14 anyhow) no shoes with "size 7" printed on them (as if that ever makes any sense). Everything should have the sizes listed and all of them should take the measurement from a generally agreed location (or just accept the French method... it's quicker). Measurements should be listed in metric and imperial (just for those backwards places and anyone over the age of about 25.. well around here anyway).

I also think it would be a marvellous idea that before any shop is allowed to set up or before any brand is allowed within a country the ruling body (which ever it may be) should ensure that that shop or brand does not reinforce elitist "perfect shape" BS on people. If it's a fashion shop fine... what's their problem? Do their clothes look like *#@% on anyone over a size 4?
    :steam:
    ...and all the food sold shall be healthy food, and all the games for sale shall be wholesome games (no guns!), and all the songs made shall be happy songs...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    #6 Cars

It's simple, put all the charges on fuel. Road tax, insurance, etc etc. Why? Because those who drive more or drive excessive cars are more likely to cause damage to the road, get involved in accidents (or when they do make them really cataclysmic) etc.
    Not that simple. Taxes have to be adjusted for income. There's hardly anyone left who disagrees with that. *coughStevForbescough*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    :steam:
    ...and all the food sold shall be healthy food, and all the games for sale shall be wholesome games (no guns!), and all the songs made shall be happy songs...

That's just not sensible... denial of human nature and all that..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Not that simple. Taxes have to be adjusted for income. There's hardly anyone left who disagrees with that. *coughStevForbescough*
    Road tax is purely based on the cars age and emissions. Oddly regardless of how far you drive it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

#7 Driving License.

Why one earth is it more difficult to get a bike license than a car license?

A bike rider takes their own life into their hands a lot more than a car driver.. it's certainly less likely to mow a path through a crowd of people.

Make care licenses harder to get, why should driving a car be a right after all? Those who don't pass will then have the option of either public transport (which will have more road space and more customers due to less car drivers) or they can get a bike if they think it's worth the risk and quite frankly if they don't then obviously they don't need a car.

Counter to this there should be some kind of reduction in the test if the person is trying to pass in a car set up for disabilities and such. Perhaps a license which only applies to automatics and is governed to do no more than say 50mph.

This whole "here's your license and now you can go buy that Dodge Viper and kill people" approach is ridiculous.

Perhaps that'd be another facet to add, increasing difficulties of test for increasing "grades" of car. For example only allow those who have passed advanced tests and perhaps have some track time to drive high performance cars. After all you wouldn't put a Cesna pilot straight in a Tomcat with no kind of learning curve, why change it for cars?