User Tag List

First 123

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    And that's significantly worse than the jokers we've had in power for the past generation how exactly? I agree that Palin is full of shit, but she's only a small fish in the much larger sea.
    I think Bill Clinton did well overall, he is a smart person, which is rare for a President in the last 30 years to be. And there are some Dems in the house and senate that are alright, even some Republicans.

Also, when you are running for the vice presidency, possibly the presidency...you cease to be a small fish.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think Bill Clinton did well overall, we is a smart person, which is rare for a President in the last 30 years to be.
    Please tell me you're joking.

And when you are running for the vice presidency, possibly the presidency...you cease to be a small fish.
    In the grand scheme of things, especially in regards to how the American political landscape has been developing over the past 100(even 150) years, yes Palin is small fish. So is McCain, Obama, Clintons, and the rest of that gang.

This might interest you:
    Who Killed the Constitution? by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

MBTI
    INTP

Please tell me you're joking.

In the grand scheme of things, especially in regards to how the American political landscape has been developing over the past 100(even 150) years, yes Palin is small fish. So is McCain, Obama, Clintons, and the rest of that gang.

This might interest you:
    Who Killed the Constitution? by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.
    Relative peace and a great economy, the Clinton years were good years.

And in the grand scheme of things yes, she doesn't matter, but I'm talking about "current events" not what happened decades ago.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Relative peace and a great economy, the Clinton years were good years.

And in the grand scheme of things yes, she doesn't matter, but I'm talking about "current events" not what happened decades ago.
    I believe we were involved in more military operations under Clinton than we have been under Dubya. And, of course, Clinton had pretty much nothing to do with the state of the economy.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Sniffles

Relative peace
    Tell that to Serbs. In fact the American military was involved in numerous overseas adventures during Clinton's years. The Bush doctrine is just further development of that/

So you're refusing to even consider the big picture here? If true, what a shame.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I believe we were involved in more military operations under Clinton than we have been under Dubya. And, of course, Clinton had pretty much nothing to do with the state of the economy.
    What does "more military operations" matter when W's Iraq War dwarfs all of them? I'm not sure why you even pointed that out.

His tax cuts on small businesses and low-income people, largest deficit reduction plan ever.... read here:

BBC News | BUSINESS | Bill Clinton's economic legacy

MBTI
    INTP

So you're refusing to even consider the big picture here? If true, what a shame.
    uhh this is a current events thread, not a history thread. I'm not sure what your point is.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What does "more military operations" matter when W's Iraq War dwarfs all of them? I'm not sure why you even pointed that out.
    Because more military operations than a committed warmongering president, by definition, = "not relative peace." It was relative ignorance of what was going on around the world. People don't even remember the several terrorist attacks at the embassies, and the USS Cole nowadays. They remember the original WTC attack vaguely, and Oklahoma City. Also, Bush has done nothing domestically to match the slaughter in Waco in 1993.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Sniffles

uhh this is a current events thread, not a history thread. I'm not sure what your point is.
    In order to fully understand the current situation, you need to relate it to the wider context - which means you place it within the context of history.