Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default Nigeria Unveils Africa's Largest Jesus Statue 'Jesus de Greatest'

Nigeria Unveils Africa's Largest Jesus Statue 'Jesus de Greatest'

Nigeria Unveils Africa's Largest Jesus Statue 'Jesus de Greatest'

By Stoyan Zaimov, Christian Post Reporter

A Nigerian village celebrated the New Year by unveiling the largest statue of Jesus Christ in all of Africa, standing at 28 feet tall and weighing 40 tons.

Nigerian news website Naij.com reported on Sunday that the unveiling ceremony took place in Abajah village in Imo state on New Year's Day. The statue, built by a Chinese company and carved in white marble, depicts Jesus stretching out his arms in a welcoming pose, and has been dubbed "Jesus de Greatest."

Does it dispense food and water?
    Last edited by asynartetic; 01-15-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: from its nether regions?
    Likes riva liked this post

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Does it dispense food and water?
    Lolz... you made me lol.

The poorer the country, the more religious they become.

The richer/advanced the country is in human development, the more philosophical and science oriented they become.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Lolz... you made me lol.

The poorer the country, the more religious they become.

The richer/advanced the country is in human development, the more philosophical and science oriented they become.
    Poor and religious = too preoccupied with prayer and giant statues to eat and care about spending money on infrastructure.

Rich and philosophical = too nihilistic/convinced everything is pointless to eat and care about spending money on infrastructure.

Either way we're fuckkkked

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Poor and religious = too preoccupied with prayer and giant statues to eat and care about spending money on infrastructure.

Rich and philosophical = too nihilistic/convinced everything is pointless to eat and care about spending money on infrastructure.

Either way we're fuckkkked
    Typical INTP being nihilistic early in the morning on a bright sunny day. Stop being such an INTP. This is why INTPcentral went down .

Anyway I must correct you.

Poor and religious = too preoccupied with religious and ethnic divisions to spend money on the right causes. They spend money where they would get the most votes from the ethnicity or religious division they are targeting. Believe me, I know, cus I am also from a poor country.

I dont think that's as big as Christ The Redeemer.

Anyway, I saw some amazing statues in Spain in some very, very poor neighbourhoods, something about that doesnt sit well with me but then I've seen some amazing statues exalting liberty, equality, fraternity or liberty and the founding fathers in the US which are secular equivalents and havent resulted in the end of poverty either so, I guess it depends on what you want to exalt and self-sacrificing messianic figures who preached kindness? Yeah, you'd want to end that shit right away, bastards, spreading their ideas about universal loving kindness.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Typical INTP being nihilistic early in the morning on a bright sunny day. Stop being such an INTP. This is why INTPcentral went down .

Anyway I must correct you.

Poor and religious = too preoccupied with religious and ethnic divisions to spend money on the right causes. They spend money where they would get the most votes from the ethnicity or religious division they are targeting. Believe me, I know, cus I am also from a poor country.
    I was just fucking around. I don't believe half of what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think that's as big as Christ The Redeemer.

Anyway, I saw some amazing statues in Spain in some very, very poor neighbourhoods, something about that doesnt sit well with me but then I've seen some amazing statues exalting liberty, equality, fraternity or liberty and the founding fathers in the US which are secular equivalents and havent resulted in the end of poverty either so, I guess it depends on what you want to exalt and self-sacrificing messianic figures who preached kindness? Yeah, you'd want to end that shit right away, bastards, spreading their ideas about universal loving kindness.
    I've always felt like the US has its own weird religion built up around the founders and framers. (I realize this isn't unique to the US)

When I was about 15 I was on a road trip with family to visit monuments in D.C. and my ISTJ grandfather (who happened to be evangelist and highly patriotic) lost his shit when I made some jokes about visiting the temples of our demigods Jefferson and Washington. I think the comment that sent him over the edge was something like "now let us give thanks to the messiah Reagan and pray the all holy congress will devote funds to a temple in his name"

I've always felt like the US has its own weird religion built up around the founders and framers. (I realize this isn't unique to the US)

When I was about 15 I was on a road trip with family to visit monuments in D.C. and my ISTJ grandfather (who happened to be evangelist and highly patriotic) lost his shit when I made some jokes about visiting the temples of our demigods Jefferson and Washington. I think the comment that sent him over the edge was something like "now let us give thanks to the messiah Reagan and pray the all holy congress will devote funds to a temple in his name"
    And it probably wasnt the comment alone which did it but the comment as tipping point.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And it probably wasnt the comment alone which did it but the comment as tipping point.
    I think it was the laughs it elicited from my mom, sister and cousins that was the tipping point.