User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Default Palin Should Be Running for Prez Not Mccain

Palin was not bad. The stuff she said about going against the oil interests and the old boy's network was good stuff.

I think me and a lot of other people think she makes a better presidential candidate than John McCain.

Sarah should be the presidential candidate, and McCain should be vice president. Then I could consider voting for them. But with McCain as the lead dog, sorry no can do.

MBTI
    INTJ

Umm...

Really?

She's pretty inexperienced.
    wails from the crypt.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Nomad, if i say some good stuff in a speech, can i have your support for president too?

Inexperienced, crazy fundie, fascist pig. DO NOT WANT.

Hopefully by 2016 the technology will become available to resurrect the Roosevelts.

T.R. ... F.D.R. ... ooohhh...I think I peed a little...

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

no former sportscaster should be allowed to become president.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Nomad, if i say some good stuff in a speech, can i have your support for president too?
    sure!

but i can't tell u what to say beforehand. that would be cheating.

also, getting on tv is kind of hard. it can't be online, it has to be on nationally broadcasted television. Thats how I came to discover the George Foreman grill after all.

either way, this i know for sure, palin is better than mccain! for sure! (but then again i think most people on this forum is better than mccain) LOL

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post

Hopefully by 2016 the technology will become available to resurrect the Roosevelts.

I don't think lack of experience is relevant. I haven't knocked Obama's inexperience, either.

She's a facist? Could you point to specific instances where she's shown this? I ask because I haven't seen it. I haven't seen how she's a 'fundie', either. Are you saying that just because she's pro-life? That automatically makes someone a 'fundie'?

What I didn't like about her speech is how she bashed 'Big Oil'. That's almost become cliche, and it's really getting annoying. 'Big Oil' isn't the reason oil prices are so high, the federal government is.

Oberon

It doesn't matter who's president, the system will rattle on its power-grabbing way regardless.

That being the case, you might as well have a president who's nice to look at.

The fascism is inevitable, 'squatch. Resurrect the Roosevelts and you'll just get more of it. It'll get worse before it gets better.

MBTI
    INTP

here's a good article on something semi-related but important nonetheless i think. we've -- the american people with help from a handful of presidents, namely teddy roos -- have turned the presidency into a larger than life emperor-like position and we then get aggrivated when the president wields his power as an emperor would. instead of the system being able to restrain the president on incremental issues we're left with only the drastic option of impeachment or simply sitting back and weathering the remainder of the term(s).

the expansion of leadership powers usually happens under the tenure of a fair, balanced, popular and generally likable person. they are able to accomplish much, ask (or take) more power to accomplish more good and when their time in the top spot is over that spot which has to be filled now has all the added power the people agreed to but without that original leader wielding it. subsequent leaders' ability to abuse his powers are then nowhere near as limited as originally planned and what you have is a downward spiral of gradual power grabs that lead to very bad places.

oh and btw the great depression lasted all the way up to WWII *because* of and not inspite of FDR's new deal. he was a good example of someone who acted and looked great, giving the american people hope in their most dire hour while at the same time dashing any chance of a speedy recovery due to his poor policy choices. a mistake which was partially repeated in 2000 and partially relearned by 2008.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post

GROSS.

The Roosevelts, not the peeing.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"