User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That PTA stint is really going to come in handy, I'll bet.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That PTA stint is really going to come in handy, I'll bet.
    This isn't a very good argument for Obama. And here's one big difference, Obama is the top of the ticket. Palin is the bottom. You should be comparing Obama's experience to McCain's, or Palin's to Biden's.

That said, I'll reiterate something I said earlier. Experience is overrated. Some of the greatest men in this nation's history had almost no political experience when they took office, like Alexander Hamilton when he became the first treasure secretary. (that's my Hamilton plug for today)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This isn't a very good argument for Obama. And here's one big difference, Obama is the top of the ticket. Palin is the bottom. You should be comparing Obama's experience to McCain's, or Palin's to Biden's.

That said, I'll reiterate something I said earlier. Experience is overrated. Some of the greatest men in this nation's history had almost no political experience when they took office, like Alexander Hamilton when he became the first treasure secretary. (that's my Hamilton plug for today)
    No, I agree. I've said the same thing about experience before. It's not a big part of the equation for me. I just have to laugh at the concept of the PTA thing- like I said on the other thread, it's stay-at-home-mom pandering, IMO.

This business of claiming her time on the PTA as "executive experience" reminds me so much of the custom of claiming stay-at-home-moms have experience as chefs, chauffeurs, doctors, nurses, CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, etc.

I've been a SAHM. I wasn't a C-anything-O. And I've been on the PTA, and I'm definitely not ready to lead the nation.
    I don't care if her son is pregnant. I just disagree that her PTA experience is worth jack. I don't highly value experience, though- I want a president who is whip-smart and level-headed, and whatever they haven't experienced they will figure out just fine. It just doesn't sit right after all the digs about Obama's experience.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Palin's experience to Biden's? I'd like to see someone spin that one in favor of the Republican ticket.

I got an idea! Why don't we add them up and compare? The less experienced member of the Dem ticket is Obama, and he's more experienced than the less experienced member of the Rep ticket, who is Palin. The more experienced member of the Dem ticket is Biden, who has more experience than the more experienced member of the Rep ticket, who is McCain. So, the Democrats wins on the experience issue!

I agree that the whole experience issue is over-rated. It's just that I think the notion that Palin is more experienced than Obama is so wrong that I can't resist attacking it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Why won't she hold her own child? Every time I see the baby, someone else is holding him.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Why won't she hold her own child?
    Because she's evil.

Every time I see the baby, someone else is holding him.
    But do you see the baby every time it's being held?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ISTx

Palin is just what the McCain campaign needs. Otherwise the media wouldn't be so hard after her throat. This should really help out with gaining support from the Conservative crew as well.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Tags: "Republicans are morons!!1". That's kind of an asshole manoeuver. Excuse me while I smash a Dem in a political debate. Nah, I don't want to talk to a Democrat, what am I thinking? Note: I'm not a Republican, but I don't vote for Democrats.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Oh, yes, executive experience. This is the part where someone claims that because the presidency is in the executive branch, governors are more qualified for it. Well, you're wrong.
    Hey, I never said she was more qualified for the vice-presidency because she has executive experience. I only pointed out that it's a type of experience that is being overlooked when people say she doesn't have any. She may not have presidential executive experience, but who the hell does in this race? At least she has made political decisions whose consequences she actually had to live with. That's more than anyone can say for Obama.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ISTP

Did anyone else attempt to count how many times she either lied or connected two things that had nothing to do with one another?

I found it funny though when, about 60 seconds after she talked about how she stood up to "big oil", she went on to brag about how she had been responsible for one of the biggest oil contracts in Alaska state history.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!