User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's taking away a legal right (i'm not talking about the natural rights theory) from women, something feminism generally isn't for.

Sure it's possible to be a pro-life feminist, but the reason why it's a rare identification is clear.
    Making murder illegal is NOT taking away a legal right. There is no way around that side of the argument. Slavery was legal, but emancipation wasn't "taking away a legal right" of slaveholders. It was acknowledging a gigantic failure in the previous laws. They didn't HAVE a right to own people.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Making murder illegal is NOT taking away a legal right.
    Of course. Legally, abortion doesn't = murder, does it?

Right now there is a legal right to abort, pro-lifers want to take that legal right away. Simple logic.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Right now there is a legal right to abort, pro-lifers want to take that legal right away. Simple logic.
    No, that doesn't work. If abortion is murder (and that is what these people believe) and you do not have the right to murder, then there is no right to have an abortion. That is the whole point. The right either exists or does not. It is not dependent upon the law. That is the reverse. You make the law because of the right (or lack thereof). Legality or illegality doesn't determine whether or not something is a right.

MBTI
    ISTP

To be on topic a bit...

This story has been circulating the internet for the past couple days, I'll find better links later (I know DailyKos ran it earlier, and some other less biased sites had it as well): OfficialWire: Palin Covers For Daughter's Love-Child

Considering this news, it seems even more likely...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    To be on topic a bit...

This story has been circulating the internet for the past couple days, I'll find better links later (I know DailyKos ran it earlier, and some other less biased sites had it as well): OfficialWire: Palin Covers For Daughter's Love-Child

So you think she's pregnant AGAIN? Or that she already had the baby and they're pretending she's pregnant now? Will they somehow produce a baby in 4 months or will she have a mysterious miscarriage? The plot thickens!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    To be on topic a bit...

I don't see how, given the timeline and the fact that the infant has DS.

MBTI
    INFP

Gotta agree with p_m. Your logic only works if everybody agreed abortion doesn't equal murder.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Gotta agree with p_m. Your logic only works if everybody agreed abortion doesn't equal murder.
    Personally, I don't believe abortion is murder, and, in terms of ethics, I think it should be an option up until the point at which the fetus is viable outside the womb. For me, when that would be is up to doctors to decide. Still, if you are operating under the logic of "life begins at conception/implantation," and that abortion = murder, then you can't possibly have a right to do it. I think they are wrong, but their position isn't automatically illogical.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Personally, I don't believe abortion is murder, and, in terms of ethics, I think it should be an option up until the point at which the fetus is viable outside the womb. For me, when that would be is up to doctors to decide. Still, if you are operating under the logic of "life begins at conception/implantation," and that abortion = murder, then you can't possibly have a right to do it. I think they are wrong, but their position isn't automatically illogical.
    Exactly. I don't necessarily agree with it but it would be INconsistent if they believed abortion to be murder BUT thought women should have the right to do it. Objectively speaking, it has internal consistency.

Unless they make exceptions for rape or incest, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

This is the kid that knocked her up:

She picked a winner, alright!