veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Sorry about the giant photo. Also, has anyone mentioned the rumor that Trig, the Down Syndrome baby, was, in fact, the eldest daughter's baby, and that Sarah Palin lied about being his mother?
    I read about that, but if Bristol is 5 months pregnant now, she couldn't have given birth 4 months ago...something in the timeline is off...but who knows...she definitely looks like she's up to something in that pic though
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That is a handsome family.

I heard that, p_m, and then I heard that she had released the info about her daughter being pregnant to counter the rumor about Trig being her baby. IMO I'm inclined to believe her, if only because it's FAR more likely that Sarah would have a baby with DS than her daughter.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That is a handsome family.

I heard that, p_m, and then I heard that she had released the info about her daughter being pregnant to counter the rumor about Trig being her baby. IMO I'm inclined to believe her, if only because it's FAR more likely that Sarah would have a baby with DS than her daughter.
    Yes, exactly. I don't know what the odds are about DS, but I know that a 44-year-old is FAR more likely to have one than a 16- or 17-year-old.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I read about that, but if Bristol is 5 months pregnant now, she couldn't have given birth 4 months ago...something in the timeline is off...but who knows...she definitely looks like she's up to something in that pic though
    Yeah, I think it would be nearly impossible. Sarah Palin was raised Catholic. Could be Irish twins.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't know what the risk is for a 17yo, but it's like 1/1300 for a 25yo woman, and 1/30 for a 45yo woman. (I used to do pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding peer counseling which is why I know, I'm not trying to be a knowitall.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I believe I just read that she is pro-contraception (condoms and birth control, at least; probably iffy or against Morning After).

Here is a link:

Wonk Room
    Apparently she's a member of Feminists For Life, a group with murky stances on birth control. They don't promote it.

The Nation has a good article on them Feminists for (Fetal) Life

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Apparently she's a member of Feminists For Life, a group with murky stances on birth control. They don't promote it.

The Nation has a good article on them Feminists for (Fetal) Life
    That's a pretty terrible article. The woman from that article sounds dumb, but the author strongly implies that it is impossible to be both a feminist and pro-life, and that is obvious nonsense.

MBTI
    INTP

That's a pretty terrible article. The woman from that article sounds dumb, but the author strongly implies that it is impossible to be both a feminist and pro-life, and that is obvious nonsense.
    Feminism is all about women's rights and interests, so you'd think that would include being in favor of a women's right to choose.

But I don't really have a problem with someone calling themselves a pro-life feminist.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Feminism is all about women's rights and interests, so you'd think that would include being in favor of a women's right to choose.

But I don't really have a problem with someone calling themselves a pro-life feminist.
    If you really believe that abortion is murder, though, then the matter isn't even an argument; it would be the old bumper sticker "It's a child not a choice!" belief.

MBTI
    INTP

If you really believe that abortion is murder, though, then the matter isn't even an argument; it would be the old bumper sticker "It's a child not a choice!" belief.
    You can't see how believing in women's autonomy and rights would clash with the belief that abortion is wrong?

That's why it's odd to see a pro-life feminist. You don't see many around for that reason.