User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Except that it's not that simple. Not everyone who is opposed to outlawing abortion is "for abortion." I'm certainly not.
    Well... it could be that simple if MP's simple suggestion was tweaked to "for outlawing abortion" and "against outlawing abortion", no?
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Well... it could be that simple if MP's simple suggestion was tweaked to "for outlawing abortion" and "against outlawing abortion", no?
    I don't know. It doesn't end at "against outlawing abortion" for me. That would be an incomplete answer to a problem that is more complex than any duality can reflect.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

It's too bad it's been used already for alcohol, but I'd like to use "prohibitionists" and "anti-prohibitionists." "Prohibitionist" sounds like a bad thing, and, apparently, no one wants to be "anti-"anything, but someone should be. Both sides win/lose.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ

I disagree with abortion personally but I don't think it should be illegal at a federal level. People will still do it, and I rather it be under safe and controlled conditions then outright illegal.

I think the best compromise is just let the state's decide, just like the gay marriage issues. It keeps things more local where cultures are more closely tied together then nationally where there are some distinct differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    I think the best compromise is just let the state's decide, just like the gay marriage issues. It keeps things more local where cultures are more closely tied together then nationally where there are some distinct differences.
    A woman's body is not community property. Neither are people's relationships the business of their neighbors.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    A woman's body is not community property. Neither are people relationships the business of their neighbors.
    I definitely agree with the second sentence. As for the first one, the "life begins at conception" crowd have a coherent argument (albeit one you or I would deem incorrect).

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Except that it's not that simple. Not everyone who is opposed to outlawing abortion is "for abortion." I'm certainly not.
    I don't know. It doesn't end at "against outlawing abortion" for me. That would be an incomplete answer to a problem that is more complex than any duality can reflect.
    At a policy making level, you are indifferent from someone that favors abortion.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    At a policy making level, you are indifferent from someone that favors abortion.
    It's getting really old having folks inform me of what my opinions are.

I favor social policies that would make abortion rare, if not go away entirely. I am absolutely not pro-abortion as I would love to make it disappear. IMO, making it illegal won't make it disappear, it'll just make it kill more mothers along with the fetuses.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    She's not when you're talking about government-funded abortion, or parental consent laws, or many other aspects of abortion-related law beyond simply whether or not it should be legal at all.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It's getting really old having folks inform me of what my opinions are.

I favor social policies that would make abortion rare, if not go away entirely. I am absolutely not pro-abortion as I would love to make it disappear. IMO, making it illegal won't make it disappear, it'll just make it kill more mothers along with the fetuses.
    But, I'm not telling what your opinions are, and I'm not telling you that you are pro-abortion. I am stating that you would not keep people form having abortions, which mean you're letting people get abortions(even if you'd like people not to), so the end result is basically a pro-choice policy, even if entirely in concept you do not like abortions. It's opinion versus practice.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    She's not when you're talking about government-funded abortion, or parental consent laws, or many other aspects of abortion-related law beyond simply whether or not it should be legal at all.
    This might be true. Often pro-choice and pro-life is simply brought down to legality of abortions, but there are other factors. I don't know what Ivy's stance on any of them is, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.