User Tag List

First 10181920

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    And do what? Starve? This is where the "basically" part comes in under lat's statement.
    A serf could not be denied the right to cultivate the land for his own benefit. And by most Feudal customs, a serf only had to work 2 or 3 days out of the week for the Lord. The rest of his labour was for his own benefit.

It should also not be forgotten that feudal obligations was a two-way deal. The serf had to perform certain duties to his lord, and his lord had to do so as well(namely provide protection from outside forces). There were several incidents of lords being punished by the monarch for mistreating their serfs.

MBTI
    INTP

Obama's acceptance speech was beautiful. He's right about a lot of things that are wrong with the Bush doctrine.

How, may I ask, does he propose to cut taxes while introducing universal health care? I live in Canada now, but will be contacting the Embassy for my absentee voter ballot. Universal health care is the main reason that Canadians pay more taxes than Americans.
    He also said in that same speech that he will go through the Federal budget line by line. That's 2.5 trillion dollars worth taxes collected in 2007.

MBTI
    INTJ

Obama's acceptance speech was beautiful. He's right about a lot of things that are wrong with the Bush doctrine.

But there was one part that had me screaming at my TV in disbelief:

How, may I ask, does he propose to cut taxes while introducing universal health care? I live in Canada now, but will be contacting the Embassy for my absentee voter ballot. Universal health care is the main reason that Canadians pay more taxes than Americans.

Even if we stopped funneling billions of dollars into Iraq right this instant, we still cannot afford to pay for Universal Health Care without raising taxes.

And this says nothing about the fact that our national debt is horrifying. We either need to take the steps to resolve it, or just hand our country over to China. No steps can be taken to reduce it if we reduce taxes and build universal health care. On the contrary, it can only go up.

So, tell me, is he running for President of the United States, or Mayor of Crazytown? I can't see anything more from him right now than flawed logic and false promises.
    I like his idealism, but he is not giving my NT self enough details. He may have them (if you believe he is an INTJ like Keirsey) and is just hiding them to get elected with all the passion. Or he could be an ENTP and is just stating things and wants to try to do it on the fly (bad idea with the US government).

If he gets elected, he will either be a Carter or a Kennedy (i.e. bad or good). No inbetweens I forsee.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

I believe you got this from Braveheart.
    I've never seen it. So, nope.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INFP

This is irrelevant, I think, to the OP but the droight de signeur, jus primae noctus was a very real concept. The Lord, in some areas, had the right to deflower the bride of his serf on her wedding night.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    This is irrelevant, I think, to the OP but the droight de signeur, jus primae noctus was a very real concept. The Lord, in some areas, had the right to deflower the bride of his serf on her wedding night.
    Actually historians have long noted that very little evidence shows that it ever was performed, except in symbolic gestures.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    I like his idealism, but he is not giving my NT self enough details. He may have them (if you believe he is an INTJ like Keirsey) and is just hiding them to get elected with all the passion. Or he could be an ENTP and is just stating things and wants to try to do it on the fly (bad idea with the US government).

If he gets elected, he will either be a Carter or a Kennedy (i.e. bad or good). No inbetweens I forsee.
    My brother is an ENTP. He's definitely not an ENTP. He is not an ENTJ field marshal either, but his discipline puts him squarely in the J bucket. XNTJ leaning towards INTJ sounds about right to me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    My brother is an ENTP. He's definitely not an ENTP. He is not an ENTJ field marshal either, but his discipline puts him squarely in the J bucket. XNTJ leaning towards INTJ sounds about right to me.
    A lot of ENFP women at some other sites are trying to trump him up as an ENFP. I flatly disagree with them INTJ is my second guess beyond ENTP without knowing him more personally to really try and figure it out.