User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't like unpredictability in politicians either. Aside from increasing tax revenue and social spending, and trying to increase gun control, I have no idea what Obama will do in office, and that scares me.
    BINGO! All we know is he has some crazy, wild ideas. Americans and their Congress will support change but not wild revolutionary visions - no matter how good they are. And I have yet to see a clear-cut statement from him of what his agenda is. Scary shit if you ask me. Couple that with the fact that what he DOES say is absolutely not even debatable with the current political situation - we will have a SITTING DUCK at best and a TOTAL FART at worse.

*sigh* Again, I reiterate - I'm not AT ALL a McCain fan, but shit fire!!!! *shrugs*

America's going down folks, America is going down. It pains me to say it, but this is a slow process of degeneration. In 50 years' time at the LATEST America will be a world power similar to that of Britain or Germany - cool, interesting, but totally uninfluential.

What you SHOULD be looking out for are the countries that are increasing strength in the shadow of falling powers. Now that's some interesting stuff.

But if America does not implement radical change, and it cannot by virtue of its political system, it will be relegated to a lower-class 1st world country, like I had said before.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

McCain's voting record generally pleases me, fwiw.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well, you can look at his voting record. He'll simply work to enact liberal Democrat policies.
    He's been angling on the presidency for a long time, so I don't think he would have done anything too outrageous as a senator. He could get outrageous.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    And with that, investment would decrease, further slowing the economy, which would raise unemployment.
    Don't you understand that with more money in peoples pockets, businesses would get more revenue? The wealthy would pay more taxes, but would get more business at the same time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Four years of gridlock might actually do us some good. The less the feds do, the better off we are.

MBTI
    xNFP

Well, you can look at his voting record. He'll simply work to enact liberal Democrat policies.
    WORK TO ENACT are the key words here. Not pass. Implement. He can only implement policies that are passed in Congress. Which means if Congress plays stubborn chicken - he's a sitting duck. (Pun intended).

That's the problem.

I can't stand the creep McCain. He's as crazy a fart as I ever did see. But this Obama - he's also a crazy nut - but in a different more radical way.

My solution? I ain't voting. There isn't even a protest vote worth casting. Ferk. I'm sitting on my ass and watching the others decide the fate of their beloved country.

In three years' time I can say Auf Wiedersehen to the whole thing. And boy am I happy about that.

Sorry folks, but it's up to you. *shrugs*
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    He's been angling on the presidency for a long time, so I don't think he would have done anything too outrageous as a senator. He could get outrageous.
    I can't think of any reasons why he would do much outside of the basic Democratic platform.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Four years of gridlock might actually do us some good. The less the feds do, the better off we are.
    Okay, good point. In that case, I'd vote for the guy if I were you just to ensure that. But god help y'all if a democratic congress gets in....

Maybe some good things will get done. I hope so. I mean it can't get much worse.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Don't you understand that with more money in peoples pockets, businesses would get more revenue? The wealthy would pay more taxes, but would get more business at the same time.
    But I thought the rich had all the money. You said they had 95% of it. So what good would a small fraction of 5% do?

Your circular logic is based on a flawed assumption, that government can be as efficient as the market. It cannot.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I can't think of any reasons why he would do much outside of the basic Democratic platform.
    I have it on good authority that he's a BLEEDIN COMMUNIST /rantriffic

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    WORK TO ENACT are the key words here. Not pass. Implement. He can only implement policies that are passed in Congress. Which means if Congress plays stubborn chicken - he's a sitting duck. (Pun intended).

That's the problem.

I can't stand the creep McCain. He's as crazy a fart as I ever did see. But this Obama - he's also a crazy nut - but in a different more radical way.

My solution? I ain't voting. There isn't even a protest vote worth casting. Ferk. I'm sitting on my ass and watching the others decide the fate of their beloved country.

In three years' time I can say Auf Wiedersehen to the whole thing. And boy am I happy about that.

Sorry folks, but it's up to you. *shrugs*
    Well, the congress and senate will remain dominated by Democrats, some people say even more so.

And I'm not really hearing anything from Obama that's too crazy or nutty.