User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you support?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • "In God We Trust" on our currency

    3 6.98%
  • "One Nation Under God" in our Pledge of Allegiance

    0 0%
  • Both

    7 16.28%
  • Neither

    33 76.74%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 151

  1. #51
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Perhaps I could introduce de Tocqueville's observations of the importance of religion in the preservation of not only American democracy, but democracy in general.
    Bastiat was the better 19th-Century French political writer, in my book.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #52
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Bastiat was the better 19th-Century French political writer, in my book.
    I haven't read much of him yet. There's shitloads of 19th century French political writers I wish to become more acquainted with.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Which if anything supports the concept of natural law. Thank you very for playing. Next contestant.
    Not really, Altruism does not apply to all species, or even all humans, it was originally a beneficial trait passed on by genetics, what religion did is try to coin the idea for itself. W/e, my efforts to argue with Ni+Fe are futile.

  4. #54
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Go suck a cock.
    Sorry I prefer pussies.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I'm not the one beating everyone over the head with his religion. You've been spamming the board with your "blah blah blah traces back to christianity blah blah blah" crap for days.
    I don't see it as beating people over the head with religion. My impression is that you have an active dislike of religion, which leads to you misinterpreting Peguy's posts.

    Whiny atheists are just as annoying as religious zealots.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't see it as beating people over the head with religion. My impression is that you have an active dislike of religion, which leads to you misinterpreting Peguy's posts.
    I agree that it isn't bible thumping, its more like bragging about the size of your religion's cock.

  7. #57
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    its more like bragging about the size of your religion's cock.
    Catholicism - the greatest Penis Mightier ever to exist!

    Don't fall for cheap imitators like Protestantism or Islam, there's only one of its kind that actually work.

    Millions around the world have had their lives changed dramatically thanks to the Catholic Penis Mightier.

    Don't enter eternity without it! Our phones are open right now, order yours today!

    To order your Catholic Penis Mightier, just dial 1-800-POPE-MOBILE.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I agree that it isn't bible thumping, its more like bragging about the size of your religion's cock.
    Not really. It's more like he's defending religion against attacks. And to ignore the positive contributions of religion is to be biased beyond all credibility.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Catholicism - the greatest Penis Mightier ever to exist!

    Don't fall for cheap imitators like Protestantism or Islam, there's only one of its kind that actually work.

    Millions around the world have had their lives changed dramatically thanks to the Catholic Penis Mightier.

    Don't enter eternity without it! Are phones are open right now, order yours today!

    To order your Catholic Penis Mightier, just dial 1-800-POPE-MOBILE.
    Wait wait wait! You forgot to say that if you don't call now then you'll spend an eternity in hellfire!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Not really. It's more like he's defending religion against attacks. And to ignore the positive contributions of religion is to be biased beyond all credibility.
    I don't ignore them, I'm just not exactly sure whether they balance out the negatives :P

  10. #60
    Senior Member Snail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    141

    Default

    The way most people feel about money, it should say "In this god we trust."

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI type and belief in god
    By TSDesigner in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 385
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 12:39 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
  3. "In God We Trust"?
    By Ginkgo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 02:48 PM
  4. Pick up groups in MMORPGs (or just WoW and guild wars)
    By Zergling in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO