User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you support?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • "In God We Trust" on our currency

3 6.98%
  • "One Nation Under God" in our Pledge of Allegiance

0 0%
  • Both

7 16.28%
  • Neither

33 76.74%
First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I voted for Bush in 2004 because he's the kind of guy I'd like to have a beer with
    Hmmmm.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Those behaviors are absolutely protected by the 1st Amendment.
    Another random fact, the philosophical underpinnings of the First Ammendment are Medieval in origins, outlined by St. Thomas Aquinas.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Another random fact, the philosophical underpinnings of the First Ammendment are Medieval in origins, outlined by St. Thomas Aquinas.
    I had 13 years of Catholic schooling. I am familiar with Thomas Aquinas. It wasn't until I got to private Catholic all-boys prep school that I was taught any serious theology, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Humans suck. Freakin' monkeys...
    Here's the difference between you and me: you're a misanthrope, Im not. I despise the masses, but instead of cynically declaring my superiority over them, I actually seek to save them from the masses.

Another joy religion brought into the world, the respect for human life and persons.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Hmmmm.
    Did I say that some other time? If you're going to misquote someone either say "Fixed" or use brackets [].

If I did, it was technically a joke, though I always enjoy a beer with an SP.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Keep it out of the government HOW, though? That is the crucial questions. You can't keep politicians from voting their consciences, nor can you keep them from displaying their beliefs publicly. Those behaviors are absolutely protected by the 1st Amendment. I think it would be more effective to take as much power away from the government as we can, and leave it to do things that have nothing to do with personal morality.
    Exactly. If it weren't in the state's power to enact laws prohibiting certain substances, curtailing reproductive rights, censoring certain speech all because it offends their religious morals I wouldn't care. Politicians could go on and on about god all they want and I wouldn't care because they wouldn't be able to do anything. But as it is in their power to do those things I have a problem with allowing religion near the government.

Another joy genetic altruism brought into the world, the respect for human life and persons.
    Yep

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Yep
    Alturism of course stemming from religious concepts of self-sacrifice. So nice try on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Did I say that some other time? If you're going to misquote someone either say "Fixed" or use brackets [].

If I did, it was technically a joke, though I always enjoy a beer with an SP.
    hehe, i was messing Next time I'll do that to it lol

Here's the difference between you and me: you're a misanthrope, Im not. I despise the masses, but instead of cynically declaring my superiority over them, I actually seek to save them from the masses.
    Where did I say I was superior? I am not different, I am not special, we are all made of the same decomposing organic matter.

Another joy religion brought into the world, the respect for human life and persons.
    That's hilarious.