User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default McCain's VP pick = Sarah Palin

Many people seemed shocked by this, but I had her in the Top 3 Most Likely with Romney and Pawlenty for months now. Do you think she will appeal to disaffected Clinton supporters? I'll add my personal views in a bit.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    istp

I think it will appeal to some Hillary supporters, which may be enough. In my opinion it was a good idea to go for an unexpected choice like this... it'll be difficult for Democrats to label a 44-year-old woman as "more of the same", whereas with Romney or Pawlenty it'd be a given. This should either work quite well or backfire miserably, and I'm fine with either outcome.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think it's going to backfire in a big way, just in the sense that it puts this seemingly unknown woman in the #2 spot for when John's ticker finally gives out in a year or two.

I must say, I am having fun watching this whole thing though, it's like a giant caricature of government.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Do you think she will appeal to disaffected Clinton supporters?
    No, Don't you see?! If there's a black or female Republican who holds high office, it's a political tactic. If there's a black or female Democrat presidential nominee, it's because Democrats are more progressive.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    No, Don't you see?! If there's a black or female Republican who holds high office, it's a political tactic. If there's a black or female Democrat presidential nominee, it's because Democrats are more progressive.
    Yeah, Democrats aren't exactly praising Bush because he appointed the only two black secretaries of state in the US history, one being the second woman.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Do you think she will appeal to disaffected Clinton supporters?
    At first I was thinking it was a brave choice, perhaps a strike of genius, because she could perhaps appeal to exactly those voters. Now I am more skeptical. She is pro-life, and I think that will ruin most of her appeal for Hillary supporters. Also her nomination will make the experience argument against Obama much weaker, a massive drawback, and that could very well lose the election for the Republicans...
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    This is actually true to a degree, because most blacks and women are already democrats, so it makes sense for some to hold high offices, where as with Republicans, there is a better chance they are being used as a token black or female. Repubs have to deal with racist and sexist stereotypes more often, so of course they will try to combat this with their political selections.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    This is actually true to a degree, because most blacks and women are already democrats, so it makes sense for some to hold high offices, where as with Republicans, there is a better chance they are being used as a token black or female. Repubs have to deal with racist and sexist stereotypes more often, so of course they will try to combat this with their political selections.
    It really does NOT make any sense.

Former Clinton supporters that switch their vote to McCain because of his VP are really, really retarded. Actually any Clinton supporter that votes for McCain for any reason is stupid.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Here is my short and sweet take on the ticket, reposted from a political site I frequent:

"You know, in theory, I'd love to vote for a presidential ticket consisting of a crazy, ex-POW/Navy captain who took over Barry Goldwater's seat in the Senate, and a kinda-hot maverick female Governor from Alaska. In reality, John McCain is a complete tool."