User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    She doesn't have the thoughtful charismatic idealistic intellectual prowess of Obama to counterbalance her inexperience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Many people seemed shocked by this, but I had her in the Top 3 Most Likely with Romney and Pawlenty for months now. Do you think she will appeal to disaffected Clinton supporters? I'll add my personal views in a bit.
    This is all very new, and hopefully no one's opinions are solidified... BUT my mom (former HillDog supporter, as was I) just texted me gushing her approval, saying she believes in "smart women" to which I replied that I believed in "silly people" (can't call your mom dumb, ya know?). Both of my parents are violently anti-Obama (I still don't understand the vigor behind it), and she's sounding ripe to switch sides.

I'm sad to say that proClinton peeps may be swayed. This Hillafan isn't switching sides, though. Hell naw!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Ron paul is more toward authoritarian than libertarian in the graph, for one. And it fucking says "Left" and "Right."
    Its because people would be scared if it said "Communism" for "Left" and "Fascism" for "Authoritarian", lol. Here's a graph that has the extra names for top/bottom/left/right.

^Estimates of historical peoplez.

I'm pretty sure they got each candidate to actually take the test btw, it would be difficult to try to plot them on the graph via each decision they had made in gov't.

Also, Ron Paul was a good Idea, just wouldn't work in this country, Obama is all we have now.

5 Ron Paul quotes that Scare me

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ooh I'll be the first to guess!

Palin = ESFJ ?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Its because people would be scared if it said "Communism" for "Left" and "Fascism" for "Authoritarian", lol. Here's a graph that has the extra names for top/bottom/left/right.

^Estimates of historical peoplez.

I'm pretty sure they got each candidate to actually take the test btw, it would be difficult to try to plot them on the graph via each decision they had made in gov't.

Also, Ron Paul was a good Idea, just wouldn't work in this country, Obama is all we have now.

5 Ron Paul quotes that Scare me

Well, considering the first two quotations weren't written by Ron Paul (and it even says so there), I think you can write them off.

#3 = "The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Foundersí political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs."

That is 100% true. We do NOT have a rigid separation of church and state in our Constitution.

#4 is a reach, but certainly, our Founding Fathers wanted voluntary institutions of civil society to have more influence over our lives than does the state (except for possibly Alexander Hamilton and his closest colleagues). That much is inarguable.

#5 is basically Christian Right rhetoric. I won't defend the paranoia, but I will point out that there are some militantly secular people who have a problem with any public acknowledgment of religious faith. Those people are extremists, too.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

[youtube=6JyvkjSKMLw]Ron Paul on Evolution[/youtube]

Thats what turns me off of him the most

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is 100% true. We do NOT have a rigid separation of church and state in our Constitution.
    We also didn't have a ban on slavery in our constitution until we added it in :P (maybe an extreme comparison but it makes sense).

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Ron Paul exudes integrity, and he would never shift public policy based on his religious beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Ron Paul exudes integrity, and he would never shift public policy based on his religious beliefs.
    Yes but it is the naiveness that saddens me.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Call me old fashioned, but I vote based on what I think will transpire during a term, nothing more.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    We also didn't have a ban on slavery in our constitution until we added it in :P (maybe an extreme comparison but it makes sense).
    Slavery was a tremendous moral failing, and a violation of the principle of self-government. That is not the same thing as religion. The relationship between government and religion is spelled out explicitly in the 1st Amendment.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"