User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 88

  1. #1
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default American Drug War

    American Drug War

    You can follow the links to the other 11 parts.

    Thoughts?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  2. #2
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    I was reading an article in Time magazine today about the drug wars going on in Mexico. Crap is serious down there...

  3. #3
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    End it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #4
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    End it. But keep heroin, crack, and meth illegal, and only punish seller's, not buyers.

  5. #5
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    End it. But keep heroin, crack, and meth illegal, and only punish seller's, not buyers.
    You can't keep crack illegal if cocaine is legal, and it's not fair to punish drug dealers if you aren't punishing drug buyers. There would be no drug dealers if there were no drug buyers.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #6
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You can't keep crack illegal if cocaine is legal, and it's not fair to punish drug dealers if you aren't punishing drug buyers. There would be no drug dealers if there were no drug buyers.
    I wouldn't have a problem with cocaine being illegal, it's not even that good of a drug.

    I know it's not fair to only punish sellers, but I don't think people should get in trouble just for being high, and at the same time I don't want meth to be sold legally at the corner store. The people that want it will find it, but there's no sense in making it easy for anyone to get such a destructive drug.

  7. #7
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with cocaine being illegal, it's not even that good of a drug.

    I know it's not fair to only punish sellers, but I don't think people should get in trouble just for being high, and at the same time I don't want meth to be sold legally at the corner store. The people that want it will find it, but there's no sense in making it easy for anyone to get such a destructive drug.
    They sell methamphetamine at every drug store in America. Its brand name is Desoxyn. They prescribe it for teenagers. Almost all of the current illegal drugs are chemically similar or the same as some type of prescription drug. They should be brought into the fold.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #8
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    They sell methamphetamine at every drug store in America. Its brand name is Desoxyn. They prescribe it for teenagers. Almost all of the current illegal drugs are chemically similar or the same as some type of prescription drug. They should be brought into the fold.
    They sell oxycontin too, but both of these drugs aren't OTC. Again, the people that want it will find it (or make it), but why make it easier?

  9. #9
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    A lot of people are addicted to gambling too, so is it fair to arrest only the blackjack dealers or the casino owners? Ultimately, it's the person's choice whether or not to play.

    And the video addresses the similarities between pharmaceuticals and street drugs if you watch it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  10. #10
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    They sell oxycontin too, but both of these drugs aren't OTC. Again, the people that want it will find it (or make it), but why make it easier?
    Because adults have a right to take whatever drugs they want.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think about the Spanish-American War?
    By poppy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 07:59 AM
  2. Drug war casualties-cops are burning babies now
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 10:38 PM
  3. Canadian/American War -- Who Would Win?
    By Haphazard in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
  4. American Civil War era figures and type
    By onemoretime in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 01:55 AM
  5. ANOTHER innocent elderly person killed because of the Drug War
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO