User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Does Barack Obama remind you of JFK?

Does Michelle Obama remind you of Jackie Kennedy?

Does the Obama family remind you of the Kennedy family?
    1. Definitely. Barack Obama is inspiring people, and he delivers a good speech.

2. No. Michelle Obama is no trophy wife; she's better than that.

3. Never gave it any thought. Their kids are damn cute, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Republicans project. Always. Whatever they accuse Democrats of doing, they are either doing it themselves or they intend to. Their man McCain would be an undistinguished former naval aviator without a prayer of getting elected to the Senate, much less the presidency, if he wasn't a celebrity ex-POW.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah I know, I really wish I could make this shit up:
    Obama Supporters Take His Middle Name as Their Own - NYTimes.com
    It's a JOKE, son! Funny, that is! </FoghornLeghorn>

C.J. Hussein Woolf

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Republicans project. Always. Whatever they accuse Democrats of doing, they are either doing it themselves or they intend to.
    Democrats do that as well.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Yes it must be a real accomplishment to outdo the Republicans at their own game of chronic sexual arousal at the charisma of their "Great leader". Give yourselves a round of handjobs in celebration - you deserve it!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Republicans project. Always. Whatever they accuse Democrats of doing, they are either doing it themselves or they intend to. Their man McCain would be an undistinguished former naval aviator without a prayer of getting elected to the Senate, much less the presidency, if he wasn't a celebrity ex-POW.
    He got his ass shot down over a foreign country, and was held in inhumane conditions for 5 years. That sounds like it sucked, but I still don't get what about that is "heroic", or matters at all. Maybe if he'd tried to escape or something...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    He got his ass shot down over a foreign country, and was held in inhumane conditions for 5 years. That sounds like it sucked, but I still don't get what about that is "heroic", or matters at all. Maybe if he'd tried to escape or something...
    I'm not a McCain supporter, but here's the deal: He's the son of an admiral, and when his captors found out, they offered to free him. He refused to go until the dudes who were caught before him were released (which took 5 years). I think I read that in the Economist if you want to look it up.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    What makes it heroic is the fact that he didn't cave. The Viet Kong were fans of psychological warfare for their prisoners. Keep hammering at you until you say on a loudspeaker where your fellow soldiers (and prisoners) can hear you say that America sucks, etc, and they'll let you go.

The side effect being if you cave and do it, you hate yourself for your weakness after they let you go.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I'm not a McCain supporter, but here's the deal: He's the son of an admiral, and when his captors found out, they offered to free him. He refused to go until the dudes who were caught before him were released (which took 5 years). I think I read that in the Economist if you want to look it up.
    That was part of it. When he refused, his treatment wasn't exactly kind.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Angry rant warning: I wonder how long Obama would last under the screws? Hell, now that I think about it, he already hates America, no problem.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Angry rant warning: I wonder how long Obama would last under the screws? Hell, now that I think about it, he already hates America, no problem.
    Caveat: I'm not an Obama supporter. I have no clue who to vote for, because they're either too financially liberal for me or too socially conservative for me.

That being said, I don't think that Obama loves America in its current state. He sees to many problems, and he has, in his own mind, come up with the solutions to those problems through more government interference.

He loves the America of his vision. He loves the potential and what it could be in his view of a perfect world.

Sniffles

If you look at Obama closely, he's not really Anti-American, but rather Post-American.