User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    There are more important issues to consider than whether a candidate loves or hates
    America Ferrera.
    Please tell me that was a FAIL attempt at humor?
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTj

If political jokes offend you so much, why do you keep electing them into public office?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    There are elements of the Kennedy family in there - Barack's youth and idealism, Michelle's sky-high hair and excellent sense of style... but for the most part they're their own family. Everybody reminds people of everybody at some point. Plus, let's keep in mind that every president has different issues to deal with. That's why it bugs me when people say "We are the party of Lincoln" or BS like that, because political parties are defined by issues of the time, and if we go back to 100 years (or more) ago, America's issues are entirely different.
    I have to disagree a little here. The Republicans have always been the party of Big Business, including Lincoln. Things are not the same, but some elements of the two major parties endure.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Sniffles

If political jokes offend you so much, why do you keep electing them into public office?
    I sincerely doubt Canadian politicians are that much better. I watch CBC every now and then.

Now maybe if you people decided to elect Red Green.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I sincerely doubt Canadian politicians are that much better. I watch CBC every now and then.
    Canadians are known for their sense of humor.

Now maybe if you people decided to elect Red Green.
    His name says it all. He's a tree hugging communist.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Please tell me that was a FAIL attempt at humor?
    No. There actually ARE more important issues.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'd rather have a philanderer in office than someone who hates this country....
    Me too.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I have to disagree a little here. The Republicans have always been the party of Big Business, including Lincoln. Things are not the same, but some elements of the two major parties endure.
    Right, SOME elements. Keep in mind that the Republican party hasn't always been the party of ultraconservative religion (see William Jennings Bryan), as it is now. Parties evolve.

Of course, you raise an excellent point. I don't know about ALWAYS, but the Republican party has, for a long time, been the party of big business, just like the Democratic party has long been the party of the unions, and the middle class. Of course, Dem membership in that area has been dwindling recently (I recommend "What's the Matter with Kansas?" for more details on the new membership of the Republican party).

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Right, SOME elements. Keep in mind that the Republican party hasn't always been the party of ultraconservative religion (see William Jennings Bryan), as it is now. Parties evolve.

Of course, you raise an excellent point. I don't know about ALWAYS, but the Republican party has, for a long time, been the party of big business, just like the Democratic party has long been the party of the unions, and the middle class. Of course, Dem membership in that area has been dwindling recently (I recommend "What's the Matter with Kansas?" for more details on the new membership of the Republican party).
    I'm familiar with that book. Interesting stuff about the voting trends of the demographics, but it makes a crucial error in its initial assumption: that the Democratic Party somehow would be more representative of the interests of the rural poor and the Midwestern working working class than would the Republican Party. It's fairly obvious at this point in this history that neither party actually is. "The matter with Kansas" is that there are not many serious policy differences between the major parties, so culturally conservative heartland-types respond to a party that appeals (read: panders) to that base.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Sniffles

His name says it all. He's a tree hugging communist.
    LOL what?