User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    Obama's not a smarmy philanderer like JFK and he's also much smarter.
    I'd rather have a philanderer in office than someone who hates this country. I'm not saying he necessarily does, but given his associations, it's a valid question to raise.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

On paper he is actually more like Lincoln. Lincoln was an Illinois congressman known for fantastic oration skills, and had just served 8 years in the state senate and a couple years in the House. Also black people love him.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Also black people love him.
    That would be expected now wouldn't it? Of course whether or not Obama truely represents Black Americans is another story. I think one associate of his even admitted Obama is insecure about how "Black" he really is.

Of course, getting back to Lincoln - yeah I guess Blacks loved him, but he didn't really love them. Lincoln originally wanted to free the slaves just so they could be all sent back to Africa.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    On paper he is actually more like Lincoln. Lincoln was an Illinois congressman known for fantastic oration skills, and had just served 8 years in the state senate and a couple years in the House. Also black people love him.
    Lincoln didn't love black people back very much, though.

EDIT: Peguy got to it first.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

There are elements of the Kennedy family in there - Barack's youth and idealism, Michelle's sky-high hair and excellent sense of style... but for the most part they're their own family. Everybody reminds people of everybody at some point. Plus, let's keep in mind that every president has different issues to deal with. That's why it bugs me when people say "We are the party of Lincoln" or BS like that, because political parties are defined by issues of the time, and if we go back to 100 years (or more) ago, America's issues are entirely different.

With regard to Kennedy's philandering, plenty of presidents have been like that and not done a terrible job in office. There isn't necessarily a correlation. (i.e. I halfway agree with Lateralus, except that I don't believe that John McCain hates America. I think he's just a confused, misled man.)

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'd rather have a philanderer in office than someone who hates this country. I'm not saying he necessarily does, but given his associations, it's a valid question to raise.
    I think I love you.

Really and truly, I don't care who my president screws, as long as it's not my country. I don't care if my president lies about sex. It's human nature to lie about sex. I'd be more concerned if my president shared his favorite sexual positions with us than I would be if he lied about boffing an intern.

I'm more concerned with our would-be president hanging out with people who end sermons with "God damn America."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You said it, right there. Both of you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    (i.e. I halfway agree with Lateralus, except that I don't believe that John McCain hates America. I think he's just a confused, misled man.)
    Haha, what? I don't think McCain hates America, at all. I was talking about Obama. He consorts with people like Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Haha, what? I don't think McCain hates America, at all. I was talking about Obama. He consorts with people like Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright.
    Obama's friends trouble me as much as his fantasies.

As a person, I have a great respect for McCain. The man is a war hero, after all. I have a hard time doubting his patriotism.

I think that McCain loves America for what it was and what he grew up with. (Strong military tradition.) I think Obama loves America for what he can envision it becoming.

Neither really have a strong basis in the here and now, but such is.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTj

There are more important issues to consider than whether a candidate loves or hates
    America Ferrera.