Thread: Out of Africa

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, I burn. The Norse is strong in me.
    The Norse do not burn. They tan.

MBTI
    INTP

It is interesting that the Danes and the Norwegians who occupied large parts of the British isles during the Viking area did not have any trouble whatsoever with the dental fricative (th). It was not exactly an alien phoneme for them.

Now I have been given to understand that the African Americans never learned it.
    I ask you who are Americans: is it a fact? What do you think?

Some people even claim that the white trash in the deep South cannot pronounce the dental fricative (th) because they cannot hobnob with the white middle class. They hobnob exclusively with African Americans.

The white middle class was reared by African American nannies. How come they can pronounce the dental fricative? Or maybe they cannot.

What do you say?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The Norse do not burn. They tan.
    I thought Italians tanned. I know that Irish and Celts freckle, but which ones burn?

The Norse (Scandinavians) have the fairest complexions, so it only seems logical that their skin burns. What is the reason for tanning in that group?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Face: Scutiform or oval?

Skin: Easily tanned, eh? No freckles.

Hair: Sandy, with a golden twing? British-white? Curled or straight? Wavy?

Nose: Sinuous like in the Highlanders and the Irish? Straight? Short?

Eyes: light blue, dark blue, green, grey with light shade, grey with dark shade, light brown, dark brown, black?

Cheekbones: high, low, medium?

Skull: dolicocephalic? Brachycephalic?
    My hair is dirty blond (sandy, I guess) -- though it's normally shaved, and it's never long enough for me to determine whether it's wavy, curly, or straight. When I was little, it was straight, but now when my hair begins to grow, it's sort of afro-like...and that's why I shave it again.

Not sure about my nose -- I just know it's neither a Roman nor Jewish nose...which means it's not shaped like the Number 6.

My eyes are hazel, but I'm willing to make that go away as soon as I can contact Dr. Mengele's replacement physician.

As for my skull and cheekbones, why don't you be the judge?

Based upon the Socionics.com description, I feel I fit with the INTJ appearance.

MBTI
    INTP

My hair is dirty blond (sandy, I guess) -- though it's normally shaved, and it's never long enough for me to determine whether it's wavy, curly, or straight. When I was little, it was straight, but now when my hair begins to grow, it's sort of afro-like...and that's why I shave it again.

Not sure about my nose -- I just know it's neither a Roman nor Jewish nose...which means it's not shaped like the Number 6.

My eyes are hazel, but I'm willing to make that go away as soon as I can contact Dr. Mengele's replacement physician.

As for my skull and cheekbones, why don't you be the judge?

Based upon the Socionics.com description, I feel I fit with the INTJ appearance.
    You should try Hollywood. With the deep set eyes and high cheekbones they would love you over there. If we forget the German skull you definitely have got the best Irish look. You can any time go to a bar and have the girl of your pick.

Never worry.

The Finns are a curious admixture. The original Finns live in the middle south of the country. They have the Y N3 on the side of the father (=the Siberian line; not very distinct from the inland southeast Asians who carry the akin haplogroup O) and the U or V on the side of the mother (the Iberian descent).

Does the alphabetic order reflect the genetic order?

Roughly. In the main line.
    It is problematic however. Those who made discoveries were too keen to use the main alphabet. There were loopholes and misunderstandings. There were errors. Ambition without ability to match. It is human.

The Khoisan represent the beginning; Europeans and American Indians the end.

Of the father line.

The History of the Twentieth Century

After the Great War the oppressed people came from under the yoke.
    They established the national identities they had built for centuries.
    And thereby they became vulnerable. They lived in a glass house.
    The illusion lasted less than two decades.

By dividing them Stalin and Hitler started the WW II.
    Truman, the ESTJ, was a generous man. He dropped some expensive bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and gave half of Europe to Uncle Joe.

The tailor wrote his memoirs and a war hero started a new era.
    Cars became big and fancy and the Texan oil barons provided cheap fuel.
    The baby boomers were growing up. All the boys had a crew cut and the girls' skirts were like balloons.

Pentagon was scheming with the arms industry and the Hoover lads made life miserable in China Town. The war hero grew weary. All the boys had their little game. Oswald was recruited by the Marine department and sent to Russia. He travelled via Helsinki and there he was met by an East German triple agent.

Nixon lost the election and was damned by the tailor. Oswald was called back to assist the Cuba boys and their pals in New Orleans. An old friend found a job for him in a printing house in Dallas.

The son of the bootlegger resided in Casablanca. His wife met a Greek mobster in Monte Carlo while he sacked the top boys in the CIA. One of them had a brother in Dallas. The Mayor.

Everyone was in a wrong place. The New Orleans boys were in Dallas and Oswald was in the movies in the middle of the working day.

After the shooting the police knew immediately who was guilty. Excellent detective work. The first news story about Oswald came out. It was printed before the murder.

Jackie wept a little and bought an apartment overlooking the Central Park alongside the Fifth Avenue. She began to go out with a book publisher.

The army boys staged a little provocation outside Hanoi. The husband of Lady Bird either believed the story or thought it was better for his health to believe it.

Meanwhile the baby boomers had grown up. They had a lot of choices. Many crossed the Canadian border or rolled in a university or crossed the Mexican border or went to the Green Island or to Viet Nam. One or two hotheads went to Hanoi.

I do not know what happened then. I stopped reading the newspapers.

IKE
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 07-03-2007 at 09:29 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Typical for an ESTJ -- unwittingly allowing the rise of communism. Communists are such ignorant fools living in their own utopia. F**king hippies. Damn Bolshevists. Stupid Marxists. They're all too dumb to realize that life is an eternal struggle for power. And we'll have plenty of time for peace after we're dead.

I don't know about you, but I want my property to be private.

MBTI
    INTP

Typical for an ESTJ -- unwittingly allowing the rise of communism. Communists are such ignorant fools living in their own utopia. F**king hippies. Damn Bolshevists. Stupid Marxists. They're all too dumb to realize that life is an eternal struggle for power. And we'll have plenty of time for peace after we're dead.

I don't know about you, but I want my property to be private.
    I am not for Communism, I never was.
    I am not for the Nazi ideology either.

I have faith in a tested aristocracy. The seats in the Parliament should be for sale in an auction. The highest bidder wins. The period for a mandate four months. The person elected could not be reelected till after a period of ten years.

Power corrupts, and we do not want that, eh?

The list of the candidates should be restricted. Their life record investigated not by the police alone. The minimum age 60 for a candidate in the Parliament.

No elections.

Edit: I forgot to mention that all parties should be forbidden. Including the Nazi party.

MBTI
    INTP

I thought Italians tanned. I know that Irish and Celts freckle, but which ones burn?

The Norse (Scandinavians) have the fairest complexions, so it only seems logical that their skin burns. What is the reason for tanning in that group?
    Southern Italians are in part of late African origin (haplogroup Y-3b) and they tan quickly. I tan as well as they do, and I am a Northener of Swedish-German-Finnish-Dutch descent. Therefore you can call me Mynheer.

The Norse do not have the fairest complexions. A large percentage of them actually tan quite well. Also their hair (the true Vikings that is) is golden yellow, not white. The people with white hair in Scandinavia are either of British or Finnish descent.
    The Finns are partly of Siberian descent (hg Y-N3).
    Seven thousand years ago there was a multitude of blond mongols in Siberia.
    These peoples have later mixed with the Paleosiberians, hence the dark hair today.
    There still exist blond Mongols. For example the Tuva tribe on the northern border of China, if I remember correctly. South Siberia.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    The sheep genes scattered through my lineage...
    Oh, you're Welsh too?

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Oh, you're Welsh too?
    lol, it's been a while since I looked at this thread - then this evening I thought I would, and this is the most recent post - clearly something in your message called out to me.

Yes, I am. Are you?
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5