User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Out of Africa

It's Cymraeg (Cymru is the country, or Gymru depending on the context). None of my family speak it
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTP

This thread must seem confusing. Be not bothered. Love chaos. The preliminary prerequisite for order is chaos. In ultimate chaos patterns begin to form and ultimately we find order. This is what takes place in the pysical world all the time.
    The second law of thermodynamics is not wrong. The interpretation is only lopsided.

The entire understanding of history has undergone a profound change. We do not need conventional historical records. They were never of much use anyway. Herodotos does not frustrate us any more.

Herodotos is the father of history? Or F.C.?
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-23-2008 at 06:43 AM.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    It's Cymraeg (Cymru is the country, or Gymru depending on the context). None of my family speak it
    Maybe the language is dead in South Wales then. That was the mining region.
    When I was in North Wales I heard it spoken in the street. That was on the road to Bangor and Hollyhead.

Dead would have been quite appropriate a few years back. South Wales experienced far more immigration during the 19th century and was generally more Anglicised. Unfortunately there's been a bit of a revival during the past 10 years or so, but I only ever heard Welsh spoken once in the town I came from. For some reason parents seem to think that their children being able to speak a globally irrelevant language will catapult them on to greater things, so there's a big push for getting kids in to Welsh language schools - there's a modern, outward looking country for you.

North and Mid-Wales do make greater use of the language. But they're all a little odd up there.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTP

Cipriani 1955: Origins of Andamanese

The easter voyagers were a maritime race. They travelled in their tiny primitive boats along the southern coast of the Arabian peninsula. There is little or no trace of them in India. Their descendants settled in Indochina, Indonesia and Australia. They left Indonesia to inhabit the Pacific islands long before the Polynesians.
    The Polynesians have not been there long. Their language is far too close to Indonesian.

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    Dead would have been quite appropriate a few years back. South Wales experienced far more immigration during the 19th century and was generally more Anglicised. Unfortunately there's been a bit of a revival during the past 10 years or so, but I only ever heard Welsh spoken once in the town I came from. For some reason parents seem to think that their children being able to speak a globally irrelevant language will catapult them on to greater things, so there's a big push for getting kids in to Welsh language schools - there's a modern, outward looking country for you.

North and Mid-Wales do make greater use of the language. But they're all a little odd up there.
    Why unfortunately? Ah but maybe you said why. I am a little slow in the head.

They were the very first people to inhabit Arabia and soon later, their descendants (mtdna haplotype mutation M>D) settled on the banks of the Indus. Up the river through Amy Daria to the high plain East of the Aral. From there eastbound to ultimately reach America.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...tml?card=mm007
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-23-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

One must wonder if indigenous people should really be considered people.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    One must wonder if indigenous people should really be considered people.
    Uberfuhrer! You mean to sagen you are not an autochtonous fischermann on the Ostsee, Ohio?
    Are you a gringo? God forbid.

MBTI
    INTP

And when and how do the Polynesians enter the scene of civilization?
    When and where did their ancestors first learn to build on water?

http://home.wangjianshuo.com/archive...e-in.water.jpg
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-23-2008 at 06:48 AM.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

When they met Europeans? I think that's a photo of a very expensive hotel thing...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    When they met Europeans? I think that's a photo of a very expensive hotel thing...
    Yes. The Europeans built these things on the lake of Como before they knew Polynesians. But this "very expensive hotel thing" is not meant to ape the Como thing but the Polynesian thing.

The tourist trade has brought quite a problem in the natural and original ways for the Polynesians.
    I doubt very much if you can find the original huts any more, anywhere.

Even Paul Gauguin was worried about the way the things were going on about the archipelago.
    And that was more than a hundred years ago.
    He wrote the book Noa Noa about the subject.
    I am glad he went to his grave before the time of the nuclear havoc.
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-23-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: error