User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I'm voting for Obama, because i like where he stands on the issues.
    Name the top three, perhaps?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

okay
    1.I like that he wants to include sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws.
    2.He also supports civil unions, although i'd prefer a candidate that fully supports gay marriage.
    3. 3 words, universal health care. i can haz?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Cool, thanks. I was already in the health care debate recently, so I won't start one here. The other stuff, "Meh." I might agree with Obama there. I don't think the government should be involved in marriage at all, but civil unions for anyone make sense for power of attorney etc.

MBTI
    ISTx

Not Obama. That motherfucker scares me.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED BY THE OBAMORG. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Friend request sent.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    okay
    1.I like that he wants to include sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws.
    2.He also supports civil unions, although i'd prefer a candidate that fully supports gay marriage.
    3. 3 words, universal health care. i can haz?
    I agree wholeheartedly with the first two. Not touching the 3rd, since it's already been/being discussed in another thread.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INTP

I'll strip out the names and boil it down to basics:

I'm voting Democratic because the Republicans fuck up the country every which way, and only Democrats can unseat them. After a while the Democrats will wear out their welcome and the cycle will continue. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I would like to point out that it's a naval aviator thing. The aviators that I came to be acquainted whilst living in Jacksonville area (home of Mayport and NAS Jax) were a superstitious lot.
    McCain wasn't just a naval aviator, he was an attack pilot. He had to fly his aircraft predictably before dropping bombs, so the North Vietnamese gunners knew just where to shoot. Whether or not an attack plane got hit by flak was pure chance. The bomber crews of the Eighth Air Force in World War II, who couldn't ever fly evasively, were perhaps the most superstitious lot ever.

A fighter pilot, on the other hand, felt his survival was more dependent on his skills than on chance, so fighter pilots tended to be less superstitious.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    The problem is, it's become so much about left and right that people in Washington are forgetting right and wrong. I don't trust our politicians. I don't trust their judgment.

I'm a conservative Democrat or a liberal Republican. (Depends on who makes the accusation, I think.)

*I'm pro-choice.
    *I'm pro-second amendment, but I support limited gun control. (Seriously, who needs an Uzi to protect their house or hunt Bambi? But if I want to teach my boy how to shoot a .22 for his 13th birthday, that's up to me, not the government.)
    *I support gay marriage.
    *I support a secure border.
    *I support naming English the official language of the country. (I do, however, speak enough French and Spanish to get by.)
    *I'm against the war, but I'm uncertain as to how we should get out, seeing as how we've destabilized the entire region.
    *I'm not too keen on the nationalized health care. I live in Canada now, but I'm an American citizen. My doctors here are definitely not as good as my doctors back home.
    *I believe that the economy would straighten itself out if the government would stop putting their fingers in the way in effort to fix it. Yes, this includes the mortgage crisis.
    *I support off-shore drilling.

And I love both Glenn Beck and Jon Stewart.

Neither of these candidates offer what I'm looking for. It's becoming a choice of the lesser of two evils. Again.

I'd love to see a strong Libertarian candidate come up. A viable third party candidate who is a bit more centrist in view would be great.
    Wow, that sounds almost exactly like me... When I'm around "Democrats", I like to argue for "Republican" stances, and when I'm around "Republicans" I like to do the opposite.

Yeah, even Glenn Beck and Jon Stewart. They're both entertaining guys, and I figure it's good to get a little of each dish.

As for voting, I'm still not sure. The closer we get, the less sure I get. Third party is one idea, and gridlock is also tempting. Out of four possible combos, Democratic president and Republican congress is pretty good. But seriously, what are the odds 2008 Congressional elections will give a Republican majority? I guess I'm still thinking about it.

Also, important to remember that, while candidates will promise us "our heart's every desire", there's really only a limited list of things they can do by themselves. Mostly foreign policy, diplomacy, and military-related stuff, and judge appointments, etc. But then there's also that "influence" that comes from their "status" alone...
    Last edited by Cimarron; 09-08-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: the vote

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Wow, that sounds almost exactly like me... When I'm around "Democrats", I like to argue for "Republican" stances, and when I'm around "Republicans" I like to do the opposite.

Yeah, even Glenn Beck and Jon Stewart. They're both entertaining guys, and I figure it's good to get a little of each dish.

As for voting, I'm still not sure. The closer we get, the less sure I get. Third party is one idea, and gridlock is also tempting. Out of four possible combos, Democratic president and Republican congress is pretty good. But seriously, what are the odds 2008 Congressional elections will give a Republican majority? I guess I'm still thinking about it.

Also, important to remember that, while candidates will promise us "our heart's every desire", there's really only a limited list of things they can do by themselves. Mostly foreign policy, diplomacy, and military-related stuff, and judge appointments, etc. But then there's also that "influence" that comes from their "status" alone...
    Are you familiar with libertarian/classical liberal philosophy?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"