User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I thought I would put this here in lieu of starting a new thread. It's very important.

Media and Candidate Popularity

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    McCain, because of...the issues! Duh!
    McCain's issues or political issues?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Obama. He at least has speech writers that have a clue about issues that are important to me.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Most Americans are illiterate about the Constitution at this point, and they vote based on distorted media images and to show off their personal beliefs like peacocks. In general, they do not care about their own civil liberties and what the proper role of government in a constitutional/federal republic should be.
    That, and they vote to feel like their opinions are winning, even though it's all just words, and it doesn't make their lives better.

MBTI
    INXX

I have been trying to decide whether to vote or not. I have problems with both candidates. Obama gets funded more by Wall St. than any other source, but it doesn't have to be listed in a way to make it obvious where the money is coming from. McCain is also a fake in many ways. When he was a POW, he was called The Prince and treated much better than other POWs, for example. He's really done a U turn on global warming, to pander to the Republican base.

So, if I do vote, it will only be because I don't want never to know what Obama would have been like had he been elected. I am well aware that reason for voting leaves a lot to be desired. Still thinking about it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Douche and Turd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All we need is for P. Diddy to take out PETA.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    McCain's issues or political issues?
    The political issues (stances), and some of Obama's issues.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Still don't get how folks can support the invasion of Iraq after all that has come out in retrospect.

Besides, McCain is a senile old twat.

He has lucky ties, a lucky compass, carries around a lucky nickel, quarter, and penny with him wherever he goes. He also has a lucky feather, and makes all his staffers knock on wood (no joke). He won't throw a hat on his bed. McCain was nervous that he had missed seeing a movie (any movie) the afternoon of primary day because he has a 20+ year superstitious tradition of doing so.

It's been public information since he ran against Bush, and he's not shy about admitting it. I think it speaks volumes on the sophistication of his thought processes.
    I would like to point out that it's a naval aviator thing. The aviators that I came to be acquainted whilst living in Jacksonville area (home of Mayport and NAS Jax) were a superstitious lot.

So was my grandmother. And my dad. *shrugs* Better to have odd little quirks than to surround yourself with people that are so far left that they've moved to Crazy Town.

The problem is, it's become so much about left and right that people in Washington are forgetting right and wrong. I don't trust our politicians. I don't trust their judgment.

I'm a conservative Democrat or a liberal Republican. (Depends on who makes the accusation, I think.)

*I'm pro-choice.
    *I'm pro-second amendment, but I support limited gun control. (Seriously, who needs an Uzi to protect their house or hunt Bambi? But if I want to teach my boy how to shoot a .22 for his 13th birthday, that's up to me, not the government.)
    *I support gay marriage.
    *I support a secure border.
    *I support naming English the official language of the country. (I do, however, speak enough French and Spanish to get by.)
    *I'm against the war, but I'm uncertain as to how we should get out, seeing as how we've destabilized the entire region.
    *I'm not too keen on the nationalized health care. I live in Canada now, but I'm an American citizen. My doctors here are definitely not as good as my doctors back home.
    *I believe that the economy would straighten itself out if the government would stop putting their fingers in the way in effort to fix it. Yes, this includes the mortgage crisis.
    *I support off-shore drilling.

And I love both Glenn Beck and Jon Stewart.

Neither of these candidates offer what I'm looking for. It's becoming a choice of the lesser of two evils. Again.

I'd love to see a strong Libertarian candidate come up. A viable third party candidate who is a bit more centrist in view would be great.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    McCain, because of...the issues! Duh!

Obama, because of the issues!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    Obama, because of the issues!
    Does this mean we're at an impasse?