User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 178

  1. #51
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    They're both retarded candidates, but Obama scares the fuck out of me. He considers Bill Ayers to be a good friend. If he only had one nutcase friend, I could consider that to be an aberration. But he has several long-time friendships with radicals, people who hate this country. That's not something I can just dismiss. Why does he want to be president? What does he actually plan on doing once he's elected? I don't believe a word he says because what he's saying, now, is inconsistent with the rest of his life.

    McCain is far from being my ideal choice, but voting in Obama...that could be the worst mistake this country ever makes.
    Yep, both retarded candidates...sounds about right.

    Choosing Obama might not be the worst mistake the country ever made, but man oh man, Obama is a crazy fart who cannot even disguise his fart to make it smell like a freshly-baked cake (as opposed to Clinton, who was quite clever at that). Hmmm....then again, McCain can't even fart. So hmm...I still say I'm going with Mickey Mouse.

    By the way, Jacky Boy, you needn't worry because I'm not actually going to vote anyway. I don't live there; I do not even visit anymore. So why should I impose my ideas on a population where I don't even live? I was just making a satirical snarky remark because - well, hell, it's politics and I can.

    Nope, I'm biding my time for three years, becoming a German citizen, and voting here. We have more parties to choose from anyway - although they aren't necessarily any better.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  2. #52
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So you're saying there's no way that electing Obama could be worse than any of those? I disagree. I think he'll give away our sovereignty.

    I wish Hillary had won the primary. At least then we'd know what to expect.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility, but, no, I don't think electing Obama would be anywhere close to those awful stains on our nation. Obama might not even be as bad as W. or Bill Clinton. He might be worse, but we don't know yet. We've had bad Presidents before and have survived them. I am more concerned about the long-term slide into ever-larger government and involvement in every dispute around the world. That's why, gun to my head, I hope McCain wins the election, because I don't want to see one party dominating both houses of Congress AND the White House.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    McCain, for his posture on national security.
    Still don't get how folks can support the invasion of Iraq after all that has come out in retrospect.

    Besides, McCain is a senile old twat.

    He has lucky ties, a lucky compass, carries around a lucky nickel, quarter, and penny with him wherever he goes. He also has a lucky feather, and makes all his staffers knock on wood (no joke). He won't throw a hat on his bed. McCain was nervous that he had missed seeing a movie (any movie) the afternoon of primary day because he has a 20+ year superstitious tradition of doing so.

    It's been public information since he ran against Bush, and he's not shy about admitting it. I think it speaks volumes on the sophistication of his thought processes.

    "I'm wearing my lucky shoes from today till Sunday," McCain says from his bus on Wednesday. At the moment, his pockets contain the compass, feather (from a tribal leader) and penny (flattened, in his wallet). When McCain once misplaced his feather, there was momentary panic in the campaign, until his wife found it in one of his suits. When the compass went missing once, McCain assigned his political director to hunt it down. Weaver found it, and it remains safe, knock wood.

    "Primary day requires additional rituals. By the time you read this, Steve Dart, McCain's lucky friend, should have arrived in South Carolina from California. He has been present with McCain for every Election Day since McCain first won a seat in Congress. McCain must sleep on a certain side of the bed, particularly before an election (and he never puts a hat on a bed--bad luck). Rain is good for Election Day, as are motion pictures. McCain requires himself to view a movie before the vote is counted. He fell asleep in his hotel room in New Hampshire before he watched a movie on primary day, but his staff didn't panic. "We have superstition fire walls," says Todd Harris, a spokesman."

  4. #54
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    That is a completely silly thing to knock a candidate about. Seriously. James Carville used to wear lucky underwear for days at at time. That's gross, but it doesn't make him crazy. Professional athletes do similar things all the time. You're reaching with that one.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is a completely silly thing to knock a candidate about. Seriously. James Carville used to wear lucky underwear for days at at time. That's gross, but it doesn't make him crazy. Professional athletes do similar things all the time. You're reaching with that one.
    Professional athletes aren't known for their intelligence. Carville probably didn't spaz out if he didn't have his lucky gear. Call me crazy, but I prefer a president to prefer rationality over absurd superstition, but hey that's just me.

    I guess it is a stretch to expect that in our leaders.

  6. #56
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Professional athletes aren't known for their intelligence. Carville probably didn't spaz out if he didn't have his lucky gear. Call me crazy, but I prefer a president to prefer rationality over absurd superstition, but hey that's just me.

    I guess it is a stretch to expect that in our leaders.

    Apparently, Carville DID freak out if he didn't have his gear. It was a minor news story at the time. And I will call you crazy for this one. It's a completely petty complaint. It's just as absurd as not voting for Obama because he did some blow twenty years ago. How about we look at the policies, shall we?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #57

    Default

    Doing blow doesn't necessarily imply low intelligence. It's also not the only reason I wouldn't vote for him. It's his reasoning on countless other areas such as foreign policy - he's as much a hawk as any neo-con.

    But even if all things were equal, I would nix the superstitious candidate first. Superstition is the antithesis to rationality. I guarantee you there is a inverse correlation between intelligence and superstition. Secondly, he goes beyond just minor superstitions (which is also moronic); but forces his staffers to partake in his idiocy as well.

    If I told my staff, who are comprised of engineers that we couldn't go on a business trip until I retrieved my lucky nonsensical items, because it might affect some outcome, I guarantee they would think less of my intelligence (and rightfully so). If my boss made me knock on wood against my will, I would quit and look for another job.

  8. #58
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Still don't get how folks can support the invasion of Iraq after all that has come out in retrospect.
    And that's why you're voting otherwise!

  9. #59
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Doing blow doesn't necessarily imply low intelligence. It's also not the only reason I wouldn't vote for him. It's his reasoning on countless other areas such as foreign policy - he's as much a hawk as any neo-con.
    He's probably the most hawkish person in the Senate, along with a couple of others (like his buddy, Joe Lieberman). THAT is a legitimate reason not to vote for him. And I don't care about the blow. It is no more absurd a criterion than superstition, though. Not at all. Someone could say, "Hey, Obama did blow. I heard George W. Bush did blow. He wasn't any good. Cokeheads make bad presidents." That is the level of insight you're employing here.

    But even if all things were equal, I would nix the superstitious candidate first. Superstition is the antithesis to rationality. I guarantee you there is a inverse correlation between intelligence and superstition. Secondly, he goes beyond just minor superstitions (which is also moronic); but forces his staffers to partake in his idiocy as well.
    I think that guarantee is a little flimsy. I know plenty of intelligent superstitious people, and plenty of people who think it's bunk who are dumb as posts. Also, he may have some form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. That wouldn't bother me in a POTUS, either.

    If I told my staff, who are comprised of engineers that we couldn't go on a business trip until I retrieved my lucky nonsensical items, because it might affect some outcome, I guarantee they would think less of my intelligence (and rightfully so). If my boss made me knock on wood against my will, I would quit and look for another job.
    And yet, they are still there working for him. I am not going to argue that it's rational, and I am not a superstitious person by nature (mild OCD, though), but you're just making wild assertions here.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #60
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    McCain, because of...the issues! Duh!

Similar Threads

  1. Socionics- What is your quadra and why?
    By Amargith in forum Socionics
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 06:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 05:30 AM
  3. McCain vs. Obama
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 07:55 AM
  4. What is your favorite # and why?
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO