User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    If I was American, I would like to vote in someone who is more socially liberal than the republicans this time, but I'm uncertain about Obama. Do he have any substance?
    Since you asked, I don't think he has much. He doesn't take stands because that's not how you get elected, and he knows it. Have you seen the evil smile he's always holding back? Looks like this:

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Since you asked, I don't think he has much. He doesn't take stands because that's not how you get elected, and he knows it. Have you seen the evil smile he's always holding back? Looks like this:
    Have you seen the robotic smile of McCain? Creeps me out. He also speaks to the people like someone talking to five-year-olds.

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Uh, yeah it is. The only time voting a given way isn't democratic is if you're forced into it.
    Well, Ok, I should have said that it isn't what democracy is supposed to be. You are right, people do have the right not to think about anything and go with the flow, then complain later what a big mistake it was for them to choose the wrong guy.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Have you seen the robotic smile of McCain? Creeps me out. He also speaks to the people like someone talking to five-year-olds.
    Well he is INTP.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

That explains the slightly mechanic act, but not why he is condescending...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm voting for Mickey Mouse because he's the best cartoon character of the three. That's just my humble opinion, though.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Pssht I hope you have an absentee ballot!

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    If I was American, I'd vote for Obama. I think I should be allowed to, since American presidents have tendency to run around the world lighting fires. Obama seems less likely to do so.
    Yeah, but keep in mind that we are still involved in a conflict. Iran and now Russia are potentially a serious issue as well. Starting fires is one thing but possessing the poise and spine needed to resolve issues is another. That should be seriously considered when looking at the candidates.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Who will you be voting for? It would be nice to hear what (if any) specific issues influenced your decision.

John McCain on the Issues

Barack Obama on the Issues
    They're both retarded candidates, but Obama scares the fuck out of me. He considers Bill Ayers to be a good friend. If he only had one nutcase friend, I could consider that to be an aberration. But he has several long-time friendships with radicals, people who hate this country. That's not something I can just dismiss. Why does he want to be president? What does he actually plan on doing once he's elected? I don't believe a word he says because what he's saying, now, is inconsistent with the rest of his life.

McCain is far from being my ideal choice, but voting in Obama...that could be the worst mistake this country ever makes.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    McCain is far from being my ideal choice, but voting in Obama...that could be the worst mistake this country ever makes.
    That is needlessly hyperbolic. I'd never vote for the guy, but we've made some FAR more grievous mistakes as a country. Civil War? Internment camps? Dropping atomic bombs?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is needlessly hyperbolic. I'd never vote for the guy, but we've made some FAR more grievous mistakes as a country. Civil War? Internment camps? Dropping atomic bombs?
    So you're saying there's no way that electing Obama could be worse than any of those? I disagree. I think he'll give away our sovereignty.

I wish Hillary had won the primary. At least then we'd know what to expect.