User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    Right thing to say to make them vote for Mcain instead?

Look, we just elected a president who seems to be kinda popular in the US (whereas he is less and less in France). Policits can be really wierd sometimes.
    Most people have NO idea who Nicolas Sarkozy is here. If they do know him, it's because of Carla Bruni.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Oh, kinda. But we all get our political biases from somewhere. I was merely acknowledging mine.
    Aha.. Ok.. It just sounded like this thing we had here two generations ago that all the workers will always vote for worker's party because they are loyal to their parents political views. That is no democracy...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Aha.. Ok.. It just sounded like this thing we had here two generations ago that all the workers will always vote for worker's party because they are loyal to their parents political views. That is no democracy...
    Uh, yeah it is. The only time voting a given way isn't democratic is if you're forced into it.
    I don't wanna!

So far I'm favoring McCain but both of them are disgusting.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Most people have NO idea who Nicolas Sarkozy is here. If they do know him, it's because of Carla Bruni.
    Well, ok! It doesn't really surprise me actually, even though it comes across differently in newspaper in Europe. American and world politics.... (Just kidding!)

Most around here don't like Sarko because of carla bruni...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Hey, I know who he is. Of course, I can also name every African country on the map, so I might not be typical. (If anybody ask me to prove that by spelling the name of Burkina Faso's capital, I will track them down and kill them). I'm actually very supportive of Sarkozy, given what he's up against; any French politician that is willing to tell his constituents that betraying NATO allies after invoking the common defense clause is a bad idea has my immediate support.

I support McCain; with the Supreme Court balance the way it is, I couldn't vote for any Democrat for either President or Senate. There are other issues (most of which McCain has the advantage on, if only by default), but that's the deal-breaker for me. Consequently, I pay a lot of attention to the primaries (the latter, combined with single-member districts, staggered elections and the Presidential system are responsible for making American politicians less subserviant to party bosses than in virtually any other country-a plus in my book. If only more people bothered to vote in the primaries...).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Haven't we done this thread several times before?

Anyhoo, I'm voting for Obama, who may be a bit of a douche, because McCain is a fascist pig.
    "douche" > "fascist pig"

/agree
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP

Can I just ask.

If most Americans are so fervent about defending the constitution, why was Ron Paul not elected as the Republican candidate? He seemed by far the most logical choice to reinstate civil liberties, defend articles of the constitution that have not yet been altered by the corporate elite, and end a murderous policy of 'Liberal' intervention. So why?

If I was American I would write in Ron Paul, even if it did mean a vote 'wasted', but that's just me.
    It's just a ride

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Members Only View Post
    Can I just ask.

If most Americans are so fervent about defending the constitution, why was Ron Paul not elected as the Republican candidate? He seemed by far the most logical choice to reinstate civil liberties, defend articles of the constitution that have not yet been altered by the corporate elite, and end a murderous policy of 'Liberal' intervention. So why?

If I was American I would write in Ron Paul, even if it did mean a vote 'wasted', but that's just me.
    Most Americans are illiterate about the Constitution at this point, and they vote based on distorted media images and to show off their personal beliefs like peacocks. In general, they do not care about their own civil liberties and what the proper role of government in a constitutional/federal republic should be.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTj

If I was American, I would like to vote in someone who is more socially liberal than the republicans this time, but I'm uncertain about Obama. Do he have any substance?