User Tag List

View Poll Results: Western Mainstream Media is?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fair and Balanced

0 0%
  • Relatively Fair and Balanced

14 35.00%
  • Largely Propaganda

26 65.00%
First 345

Thread: Western Media

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Red Eye is a talk show; I've watched it a number of times, since a friend of a friend is a regular guest on it. I don't think that should count against FNC. CNN has Larry King Live, for instance. CNN's American Morning is no harder than Fox & Friends in content, but it's less goofy in style. War Stories isn't soft news; it's a specialized history program. Geraldo at Large is softer news, though. You're right about that one. I haven't watched much of that program, but the description is "people-based journalism," which sounds a lot like "soft news" to me. I happen to find the non-opinion journalism shows on FNC to be relatively non-sensational. The evening shows are pretty ridiculous. The worst one on TV right now, though, is Countdown with Keith Olbermann. That man is an embarrassment. He has become the mirror-image caricature of what O'Reilly is made of fun more being.
    I watch Olbermann sometimes. He's clearly going for ratings. He used to be a sports reporter, and it shows. But along with Stewert's and Colbert's shows, he does a good job at going after conservatives, it's all he seems to do, but he goes about it to sensationalistic for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by V Profane View Post
    If were Stephen Fry I would give you points for being 'quite interesting'. As it is, I'm a no-mark, undereducated heterosexual, so I'll just have to say that was quite interesting, and the kudos is yours to take.
    Why, does Stephen Fry know more about American politics than I do?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Assuming every single story they aired was "human interest" how could they still manage to air more than the rest of the networks combined? Where would they find the time for O'Reilly and all the other pundits you hate?
    Oh, I didn't mean combined.

And O'Reilly is really good at his job, can't hate him for that.

Sniffles

When I watched Olbermann covering the Democratic primaries, within 5 minutes I wanted to vomit.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    When I watched Olbermann covering the Democratic primaries, within 5 minutes I wanted to vomit.
    Even O'Reilly doesn't spend 10 minutes per show calling Obama and/or Hillary "the Worst Person in the World." Robert Mugabe? Kim Jong-Il? Radovan Karadzic? Fidel Castro? No, a couple of Republican dudes in America. Please. I really dislike John McCain, but come on, Keith.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Even O'Reilly doesn't spend 10 minutes per show calling Obama and/or Hillary "the Worst Person in the World." Robert Mugabe? Kim Jong-Il? Radovan Karadzic? Fidel Castro? No, a couple of Republican dudes in America. Please. I really dislike John McCain, but come on, Keith.
    That segment is meant to be more entertaining than it is serious and accurate. O'Rielly has his share of comical rants against 'left-wing wackos" and "pin heads".

Sniffles

Yeah really. He kept screaming about how history was in the making in the primaries - NO MATTER WHO WON THE CANDIDACY!

Shut up! Yeah we have two pretty standard politicians: except one is a woman(well we assume that) and the other one is black. Big fucking deal.

My general rule is as follows: the more the media makes a big deal out of something, the less it really is. Even if it really is a big deal, then they make it a big deal for rather trival reasons.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Why, does Stephen Fry know more about American politics than I do?
    I wouldn't put it past him (not a gay joke).

MBTI
    ESFJ

Worst current example of modern American broadcast journalism: Countdown with Keith Olbermann. It's on right now, and I am forcing myself to watch it. I am five minutes in, and I want to box my own ears, to get this nonsense out of my ears.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"