459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default First-Ever Hologram Protest Takes to the Streets in Spain

First-Ever Hologram Protest Takes to the Streets in Spain

First-Ever Hologram Protest Takes to the Streets in Spain

Mario Aguilar

4/13/15 10:40am

Following in the illuminated footsteps of noted iconoclast Tupac Shakur, a protest group in Spain took to the streets on Sunday—in hologram form. To the best of our knowledge it’s the first hologram political demonstration ever.

Screencap from RTVE

Fusion reports that a group called No Somos Delito (“We Are Not a Crime”) are demonstrating against a series series of new “gag laws” that put heavy restrictions of freedom of expression. Included in the the so-called “citizen security” bills are 45 provisions that would outlaw many forms of expression, including public protest. The laws would go into effect on July 1st, if they standup to legal scrutiny. They are rightly seen as an egregious affront to personal liberty.

From the website of the Holograms for Liberty project:

To respond to this injustice and to show the future will have to face if this bill continues its course, we saw the need to carry out a different kind of protest that would allow our demands to become unstoppable: the first hologram protest in history.

A massive protest, through which we will demonstrate, that despite the trammels imposed by the government, they will not silence our voices, and even if we have to turn ourselves into holograms, we will keep on protesting.

The stunt is clearly an effective one in that we’re writing about it half-a-world away, an for once, it’s nice to see a hologram used for something more important than selling tickets to a concert in the desert.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This is awesome!
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

As an advocate of holographic rights, I am outraged by this group's enslavement and exploitation of innocent holograms.

(I love how the article's comments section is full of puns.)

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm curious about how they did this. My understanding is that these aren't really holograms, but an illusion called Pepper's Ghost (employed in the Haunted Mansion, among other things). How did they get this for multiple people? Usually there has to be a pane of glass involved with something like this.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Omg Omg you do not understand how upset this makes me! How dare they take away the rights of those holograms! Those holograms are people too! Outrageous! I think I just shed a tear...

HOLOGRAMS FOR LIBERTY!

Actually though this sounds super cool, what a way to protest. On one hand it is probably safer for the protestors because they dont have to worry about any immediate retribution like tear gas, but on the other hand its a bit laughable. At that point you might as well just stick to protesting behind a screen. If they really cared about their cause or whatever they would find some way to protest in person, holograms just seem a bit half assed.

Admitedly I know nothing about anything pretty much with this.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

In a grim scene, the protest came to an end when holographic police opened fire.
    Go to sleep, iguana.