User Tag List

123 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Default Feminist rhetoric

"Using the power and convenience of Mozilla Firefox, Men Kampf takes everyday feminist rhetoric and translates it into Nazi friendly Deutsch Muttersprache (German mother tongue)."

menkampf.com | A Firefox Plugin Turning Feminist Rhetoric into Nazi Friendly Language.

"Why make this website and Firefox add-on?"

"This website was created because Mozilla Firefox doesn't appreciate freedom of speech, as they removed the add-on without violating any Terms of Service. The add-on was created not only for a good laugh, but to show the similarities between feminism and Nazism."

It has since been allowed by Firefox, ftr.

'Maleness' is open game for criticism real/imagined and has been for several decades. This is so embedded in Western culture that we don't even see it happening most of the time. I think this add-on puts the rhetoric into perspective and shows it for what it is, hate speech and/or discriminatory.

My favorite from their website:

A radical fix to the world's wage gap: why not just pay Aryans more - and pay Jews less? ~ Jessica Valenti
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

There isn't a way to be accurate and civil about this at the same time. This is painfully stupid.

It looks like the only thing this does is replace some words with Jew or something related, and some words with Aryan or something related. Using that method, I could make Martin Luther King sound horrible. It tells us nothing about feminism in particular.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It tells us nothing about feminism in particular.
    Correct. It's about feminist rhetoric, hence the title of the thread.

Rhetoric - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Correct. It's about feminist rhetoric, hence the title of the thread.

Rhetoric - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm still correct.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm still correct.
    I didn't say you weren't correct, I actually agreed with you What I went on to do was to clarify what that add-on does and to connect that with my intention via the title of the thread. Were you expecting something besides "feminist rhetoric"?

MBTI
    ENTP

I think the difference is the context in which the rhetoric is being used, and the end for which the rhetoric serves as means.

Women are highly unlikely to directly exterminate men on a massive scale. Because of male proclivity for violence, women's best bet would be to instigate war, not participate in it.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    Women are highly unlikely to directly exterminate men on a massive scale. Because of male proclivity for violence, women's best bet would be to instigate war, not participate in it.
    You are conflating women with feminist/feminist rhetoric. They are not the same thing. About the war idea, not bad. If the goal is to kill off the menz, that is. Would you say that you are for this idea? or just brainstorming?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    You are conflating women with feminist/feminist rhetoric. They are not the same thing. About the war idea, not bad. If the goal is to kill off the menz, that is. Would you say that you are for this idea? or just brainstorming?
    Okay, replace "women's" with "feminists'."

And hmm? I'm only speculating here. I don't advocate or condone violence of any form.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

And hmm? I'm only speculating here. I don't advocate or condone violence of any form.
    Understood. I thought you might just be speculating and was correct.

I think the difference is the context in which the rhetoric is being used, and the end for which the rhetoric serves as means.

Whites are highly unlikely to directly exterminate blacks on a massive scale. Because of blacks' proclivity for violence, Whites' best bet would be to instigate war, not participate in it.
    See what I did there? You could really insert any binary opposition methinks. I'm curious, now that I've swapped in a racial binary do you think you'd have been inclined to post your original comment as such?