123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Why Hilary Clinton Is Misunderstood

The linked Huffington Post article is interesting. I agree with what is said there. Being an INTJ is hard enough. I can't imagine being a female INTJ and running for political office. I wish her the best of luck as I've always admired her. She is pretty tough but somehow, I think she might get chewed up. I hope I'm wrong.

Hillary Clinton is an introvert. I'm quite sure about this. My best guess is that, in Myers-Briggs terms, she is an INTJ (details below). This explains a lot about how the world regards her and why the press seems to find her so problematic.

Let me start backwards. In yesterday's New York Times, a lengthy article about Hillary Clinton's political persona ends by comparing Hillary and Bill at the eulogy of one of Hillary's best friends, Diane Blair. Hillary gave a great eulogy, but apparently it wasn't tearful enough. "It was left to Bill Clinton to bring the service to its emotional peak," the article concludes. "When he spoke of Mrs. Blair, Mr. Clinton wept. 'I felt about her as I have rarely felt about anyone,' he said. His wife, Diane Blair's best friend, held steady in the front row.'"

Presumably, what writer Mark Leibovich would like us to conclude is: "oooh, yet again Hillary is so cold and emotionally flat. Oooh, what a strange person she is."

Hillary Clinton: Misunderstood INTJÂ |Â Michael Melcher

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Passacaglia, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've read this before and generally agree. I still think she's better off as an INTJ running for office than as some other perhaps more overtly likeable type.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sounds like what we've been discussing in the "T Women, F Men" thread.

I wish people would just lay off her. She is who she is, and just because she doesn't show emotion in a stereotypical way for her gender doesn't mean she doesn't care or isn't feeling it on some level.

I probably show more emotion than her but still struggle with that kind of thing as well -- i wish I could exude more emotion in my face and body and tone of voice than I do. But I can't, not unless it feels so fake to me that I experience myself as false and wanting to vomit. I express concern in other ways.

I know her lack of expressiveness does make her harder to read, but I wish people would let that bit go, and look for her particular way of expressing her commitments and concerns. She's got other gifts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes gromit, BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I still think she's better off as an INTJ running for office than as some other perhaps more overtly likeable type.
    Why? Because she will do a better job or because she is more likely to get elected?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Why? Because she will do a better job or because she is more likely to get elected?
    Neither. It will help her navigate and weather the trials of the campaign better, simply on a personal level.

(Though I do think her type would also contribute to her effectiveness, as a campaigner and in office.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Neither. It will help her navigate and weather the trials of the campaign better, simply on a personal level.
    I'm not so sure. I think extraverted types like EXTJs would enjoy it a lot more.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not so sure. I think extraverted types like EXTJs would enjoy it a lot more.
    Enjoy the good parts, perhaps, but I think they would be open to being hurt or scarred more by the process. That probably relates to T/F distinction as well, but E's just seem to let more from the outside in. I's put up better defenses, and I think have more effective self-preservation instincts and techniques.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

She has my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Much of the criticism of Hillary Clinton's authenticity is criticism of her introversion. She's basically criticized for being private and for being careful about her words; and then she's criticized for inauthenticity when she tries to act more extraverted and social.
    That may be part of it, but Hillary also has major character flaws. She lies and makes up grandiose stories just like Brian Williams. She claimed she was named after Edmund Hillary, the guy who climbed Mt Everest, but she was born 6 years before Edmund Hillary climbed Everest. She claimed that she dodged sniper fire at the tarmac in Bosnia, but video evidence shows that was not the case. She put on a fake black accent when she spoke in front of a predominantly African American audience.She staged her campaign stop in Iowa today:

Campaign staff DROVE 'ordinary' Iowans to Hillary's first campaign stop - including health care 'lobbyist in training' who was an Obama campaign intern and Biden chauffeur

Hillary Clinton's astroturf candidacy is in full swing in Iowa.

Her Tuesday morning visit to a coffee shop in LeClaire, Iowa was staged from beginning to end, according to Austin Bird, one of the men pictured sitting at the table with Mrs. Clinton.

Bird told Daily Mail Online that campaign staffer Troy Price called and asked him and two other young people to meet him Tuesday morning at a restaurant in Davenport, a nearby city.
    There is nothing authentic about Hillary; she's a big phoney. Heck, she's stealing Elizabeth Warren's schtick about income equality right now; it's quite remarkable how devoid of integrity this person has --- a pure political animal and most people see it.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Enjoy the good parts, perhaps, but I think they would be open to being hurt or scarred more by the process. That probably relates to T/F distinction as well, but E's just seem to let more from the outside in. I's put up better defenses, and I think have more effective self-preservation instincts and techniques.
    I agree on the T/F difference. Based on what I've seen in the work world, I think the extraverted TJs are pretty political animals in general though - much more so than IXTJs. They enjoy the power games more.

I could never do something like that. My defenses wouldn't work in the kind of public arena or spectacle. The cheap, distorted/lying and unfair criticism she is going to have to deal with would be a nightmare. It's hard enough for any candidate these days. That might be harder for an Enneagram 6 (me) vs. 5 (you). She is probably an 8 if I had to guess which would be helpful. I guess she lived through something like this before in a sense so she would know what's coming.

Tri-type 639