User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I like her, what ever perceived flaws you may see she makes up with experience. You've had INTJ presidents before anyway, right?

I think she has whatever it takes to fight whatever demon the GOP want to bring to the surface.

Much of the criticism of Hillary Clinton's authenticity is criticism of her introversion. She's basically criticized for being private and for being careful about her words; and then she's criticized for inauthenticity when she tries to act more extraverted and social.
    Nope, not true at all. Her perceived lack of authenticity has more to do with her attachement to multiple scandals and being a long time Washington insider. I don't care whether you think the scandals are legit or not it's the perception that matters. It is true that her personality doesn't help her overcome the baggage like Bill's personality does.

I think any person with the same personality as Hillary could be considered authentic if they didn't have all the baggage.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    You've had INTJ presidents before anyway, right?
    Calvin Coolidge.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Calvin Coolidge.
    Not the best example I'd have come up with but I've seen John Adams and Thomas Jefferson typed as INTJs. Maybe you guys are long overdue another one...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Not the best example I'd have come up with but I've seen John Adams and Thomas Jefferson typed as INTJs. Maybe you guys are long overdue another one...
    For what it's worth, presidential campaigns have changed a lot since then. I was surprised to read recently that Abraham Lincoln did not campaign on his own behalf in 1860. Presidential campaigns were conducted by surrogates in those days.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    For what it's worth, presidential campaigns have changed a lot since then. I was surprised to read recently that Abraham Lincoln did not campaign on his own behalf in 1860. Presidential campaigns were conducted by surrogates in those days.
    I think the political culture has evolved to favor extraverts over introverts. This is an unfortunate aspect of politics that has probably held true ever since the Kennedy vs. Nixon debates. Perhaps the internet will, in time, cause the pendulum to swing in the other direction.

I do not think an INTP could get himself elected to the presidency in today's political culture, with it's intolerance of "gaffes" and aversion to plain-speaking.

I'm not sure what his type was, but I voted for Dean in 2004, and I saw the way his primary run was basically destroyed over a bullshit non-issue that amounted to showing that he didn't "look" the part.

Now, my stance then affects my stance on Clinton, more than her being a non-emotive woman. She has shown herself to generally advocate hawkish positions in Obama's cabinet. My suspicion of such positions is tempered by the fact that that I really don't know what, if anything, we should be doing about ISIS. Hillary is someone I have uncertainty about. I would certainly favor her in a Jeb Bush vs. Hillary Clinton match-up.

A Rand Paul vs. Hillary Clinton match-up, though, would be a wildcard. Rand Paul has advocated very strongly on issues that I believe we need to be talking about more, and while I don't agree with him on everything, the same can be said for Hillary. Should such a thing happen (I consider it unlikely; he'll probably share the fate of Howard Dean), I would have to do a serious pro-and-con analysis.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The Lincoln thing was interesting, he actually won the nomination in round 3 of the balloting, by negotiations occurring where he siphoned off the votes of some clear losers from the first round. Eventually he had enough ballots to win a majority. The other main candidates had all alienated certain factions of the party, and Lincoln happened to be the most palatable moderate to the overall party. He also had a reputation for his intelligence and articulateness. In that situation, the moderate actually seemed the best candidate.

That's not really the situation today, at least as far as the Republican party goes; they're pretty split.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I do not think an INTP could get himself elected to the presidency in today's political culture, with it's intolerance of "gaffes" and aversion to plain-speaking.
    Just seeing the crap Obama has taken for his "unemotional / intellectual" delivery reinforces that. He's seen as too book-smart, too detached, and not personal enough.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

I'd like to read any article, at all, that chastises her for her private nature. (Surely we're not counting the 'private email account' thing?)

I couldn't find one, and this article doesn't get specific. The one link in this article deals with her emotional burdens and how they have shaped her personality and behavior.

Besides, there have been plenty of introverted presidents. That trait in and of itself isn't exactly going to take her out of the running.

edit: Introverts No Longer the Quiet Followers of Extroverts - Forbes is a pretty good read on the general subject thing
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Beorn liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I'd like to read any article, at all, that chastises her for her private nature. (Surely we're not counting the 'private email account' thing?)
    That's what I thought of when I read the article; when I originally read about the email thing, I do remember some author comment about Hillary's response being 'curt' or some such. Which is probably how I would have responded, in her position. In fact I'd have probably followed up "Carrying one email device was easier than carrying two" with "...And if I were going to do something underhanded or illegal, I wouldn't use any email. Now ask me a relevant question, you sad excuse for a journalist."

And then kicked myself for giving the Reps an easy sound-byte. But anyhow, I can totally relate to treating certain questions with the attitude they merit.

Also, my initial reaction to the Huffington Post article's title: