User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Sorry Environmentalist Wind Bags...

but you'll just have to eat these facts...

Temperature data from NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) was dramatically altered, and rather than showing a 1.5-degree Celsius increase from 1950 to 2014, the raw data actually showed a 1-degree Celsius temperature decrease over those 65 years.

Two of the official data records for climate temperatures — Remote Sensing Systems (RSS) in California, and the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) — have recorded 18 straight years of no temperature increases, and 2014, recently called the “warmest year ever” was, in fact, only the sixth warmest year since 1997.

Arctic ice levels, it turns out, have nothing to do with alleged man-made global warming. The decrease in Arctic ice is simply a byproduct of naturally occurring cyclical shifts in warm water currents. In fact, when the warm water currents last peaked 75 years ago, Arctic ice had retreated even farther back than it has recently.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Every time I say something about the relationship I notice between Ti-users and political conservatism, all the Ti-doms crawl out of the woodwork and crucify me.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Every time I say something about the relationship I notice between Ti-users and political conservatism, all the Ti-doms crawl out of the woodwork and crucify me.
    I hadn't read that, so chalk it up to Synchronicity!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Historic Variations in Arctic sea ice. Part II: 1920-1950 | Climate Etc.
    "Satellite observations that provide an hour by hour picture of every part of the Arctic make it easy to forget that large areas of it had not even been even explored 80 years ago – let alone its ice extent minutely observed. This paper explores the controversy surrounding the period 1920-1950, which was a period of substantial warming in the Arctic."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I took a quick look, because it seems very strange to me that scientists would alter publicly published data so blatantly and haplessly, as if they were some sort of clumsy partisans with an agenda . According to this article what's happening is that very large sets of world-wide temperature data is being statistically analyzed, and the data sets that are anomalous are being corrected given the analysis. So, anything that is adjusted is just a smaller set of the data and has no effect over the larger results and was just all fucked up to begin with.

Apparently this 'tampering' angle had been 'reported' before and debunked.

Fox News host: Climate scientists 'fabricated' temperature data | PunditFact
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip
    the data sets that are anomalous are being corrected given the analysis.
    Do you know what percentage of the anomalous data sets over-report and under-report the temperatures? I'd be suspicious if 100% of the anomalous data sets under-report the temperature. Someone should do a statistical analysis of the data manipulation and find out if it's random or not.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Oh, you sorry fools... so desperate to stick it to science. Confirmation bias is at its finest with conspiracy theorists.
    Likes Hard liked this post