First 567

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Don't know much about him at all. John Oliver is the reason I joked he is weird -

Yeah, Cameron is not a "thronie."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Here's hoping Cameron will be able to steer a reasonable course regarding Europe after such a result. I would like Britain very much to stay in the EU.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    The day is here and I think I should give you my thoughts.

I don't like either of them, but Ed Miliband will be our next PM. As for the swing to Labour, it is still unclear how large a majority Labour will get, but this is clear - UKIP will not win many seats, but in the seats they don't win, they will cause enough disruption through taking votes off other parties that several safe seats will unexpectedly change hands and it is this which will make things interesting.

The Lib Dems will suffer crushing losses, including Nick Clegg's seat.
    The Greens will strengthen their hold in Brighton and generally increase their influence elsewhere but not win any more seats, though it will highlight key battlegrounds for 2020.
    The SNP will take all but 2 seats in Scotland.

I think Cameron will have a go at forming a three or four-way coalition which will include a diminished Lib Dems and UKIP, but will fail to get them to agree on certain things. The Lib Dems will pull out, causing talks to fail, to try to preserve some dignity.
    Labour on the other hand will try to form a minority government, but end up including the 20-odd strong Lib Dems to form a coalition for numbers. They won't include the Greens or SNP. We won't have a Lib Dem DPM but they will have MPs in the cabinet. Danny Alexander won't be one of them.
    You were sort of there. Better luck next time!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Here's hoping Cameron will be able to steer a reasonable course regarding Europe after such a result. I would like Britain very much to stay in the EU.
    We'll always be a part of Europe, I disagree with being owned by the corpulent, undemocratic entity that Europe has become. I am planning to vote No come referendum time. Why do we need another tier of politicians above the ones we already have? Maintaining trade links is very important though, and I'd think Cameron would be having a funny turn if he didn't do just that.

MBTI
    INTP

FIRST EXIT POLLS IN U.S. ALLY'S CRUCIAL ELECTION
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I feel somehow wronged, sullied, besmirched.
    CNN could have used the same banner for the elections in Greece, Egypt, Israel, France, Germany, ...
    Likes Luke O liked this post

Isn't the general consensus in Germany that being a member of the EU was a bad bad idea for G E R M A N Y? It would have been awesome to see a Schengun Union rather than a European Union.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Isn't the general consensus in Germany that being a member of the EU was a bad bad idea for G E R M A N Y? It would have been awesome to see a Schengun Union rather than a European Union.
    Well, there is definitely some skepticism, and a new Euroskeptic party called AfD (Alternative für Deutschland - Alternative for Germany) was formed and has seen some successes in the last elections. They are the most Euroskeptic and most right-wing party in the German political spectrum at the moment (amongst parties that have actually gained seats in some parliaments), but they're probably very much comparable in their general outlook to the British Conservatives.

Among the major parties in Germany, there is no doubt whatsoever that the European Union was and is a good thing, and that Germany profits immensely from it, and no politician with any sort of governmental responsibilities would plead to leave it without being considered a lunatic.
    I think the general population thinks in similar ways, although people in general are probably less enthusiastic and a bit more apathetic, and criticism of the political system of EU and its bureaucracy is as widespread as ciriticism of bureaucracy in general. On the whole though, I think most people couldn't even imagine how Germany would work other than within the EU today.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Well, there is definitely some skepticism, and a new Euroskeptic party called AfD (Alternative für Deutschland - Alternative for Germany) was formed and has seen some successes in the last elections. They are the most Euroskeptic and most right-wing party in the German political spectrum at the moment (amongst parties that have actually gained seats in some parliaments), but they're probably very much comparable in their general outlook to the British Conservatives.

Among the major parties in Germany, there is no doubt whatsoever that the European Union was and is a good thing, and that Germany profits immensely from it, and no politician with any sort of governmental responsibilities would plead to leave it without being considered a lunatic.
    I think the general population thinks in similar ways, although people in general are probably less enthusiastic and a bit more apathetic, and criticism of the political system of EU and its bureaucracy is as widespread as ciriticism of bureaucracy in general. On the whole though, I think most people couldn't even imagine how Germany would work other than within the EU today.
    Although some of the right wing parties might have and encourage racial division (or do they?) and I am a brown man who is by their definition doesn't belong in their country, I empathize with the right wing parties. They are looking out for their ethnicity, their culture, their language and their laws.

This is as long as they don't start marching, chanting, wearing sexy uniforms and treating those who don't belong to their race as racially inferior animals.

However, according to what you've said above they don't share such attitudes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The UK will vote to stay in the EU the same as they voted for the tories. The UK does not like radicalism nor rapid change. The status quo must be maintained less the old wigs withdraw their money from these gambling miscreants.

The AV vote was the same, the election was the same, the EU vote will be the same. Keep the same rather than try something else.

On the one hand I appreciate stability but on the other, it's like someone restricting the oxygen in the room.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?