User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    full extent of what?

it seems you and your friend here can't really handle the views of others.
    How evil Blair and New Labour were with regards to the Iraq War. Do you not find it suspicious that it is being suppressed until after the election. Still doesn't rule Labour out as incompetent though.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

How was Britain's role in the Iraq War any better or worse than say the Iran–Iraq War? Did a million people not die in each of those wars? Was Margaret Thatcher not prime minister when Britain wanted both sides to obliterate each other? Does it make it any better if a war is a proxy war rather than a conventional war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

It's really close now. I still think it's going to go to the wire. Still not fully sure who to vote for, but I know who I'm not voting for (so that's something). Labour and UKIP are definitely out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Personally I still want to vote for anyone other than pinky or perky. So fed up with two horse races and binary thinking.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    How evil Blair and New Labour were with regards to the Iraq War. Do you not find it suspicious that it is being suppressed until after the election. Still doesn't rule Labour out as incompetent though.
    The Iraq War was a disgrace, and now we're seeing the fruits of that, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    They always give the same response "there's no point, they'll never get in". British mindset to its quintessential bloody irritating limit.
    Sounds pretty American, too, to be honest. When Americans object to the two-party system, usually the response involves "protesting the system" by not even showing up.

Changing electoral and balloting systems would have been an excellent demand for Occupy Wall Street to get behind, but instead they decided to do some "progressive stack" nonsense. Likely, the people who advocated for such a thing believed in "protesting the system" by not voting. No wonder the whole movement fizzled out.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Personally I still want to vote for anyone other than pinky or perky. So fed up with two horse races and binary thinking.
    I think you should so do that.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

ElectionForecast.co.uk

U.K. Election | FiveThirtyEight

Who should I vote for in the 2015 Election? - Telegraph

I took the "Who should I vote for" quiz and I got 83% UKIP and 78% Conservative. If I was a British citizen, I would vote for the Conservative Party because a vote for UKIP would not mean much in terms of seats in Parliament.
    "It's hard for them to simper and bow without heads." - Littlefinger

"A man with great ambition and no morals, I wouldn't bet against you." -Varys

Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.- Machiavelli

The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.- Hobbes

HP House: Slytherin
    GOT House: Lannister

Social Impure

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BWCB1890 View Post
    ElectionForecast.co.uk

U.K. Election | FiveThirtyEight

Who should I vote for in the 2015 Election? - Telegraph

I took the "Who should I vote for" quiz and I got 83% UKIP and 78% Conservative. If I was a British citizen, I would vote for the Conservative Party because a vote for UKIP would not mean much in terms of seats in Parliament.
    Arrrrgh!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Arrrrgh!
    Bloody foreigners, coming on here, telling us how they'd vote

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The day is here and I think I should give you my thoughts.

I don't like either of them, but Ed Miliband will be our next PM. As for the swing to Labour, it is still unclear how large a majority Labour will get, but this is clear - UKIP will not win many seats, but in the seats they don't win, they will cause enough disruption through taking votes off other parties that several safe seats will unexpectedly change hands and it is this which will make things interesting.

The Lib Dems will suffer crushing losses, including Nick Clegg's seat.
    The Greens will strengthen their hold in Brighton and generally increase their influence elsewhere but not win any more seats, though it will highlight key battlegrounds for 2020.
    The SNP will take all but 2 seats in Scotland.

I think Cameron will have a go at forming a three or four-way coalition which will include a diminished Lib Dems and UKIP, but will fail to get them to agree on certain things. The Lib Dems will pull out, causing talks to fail, to try to preserve some dignity.
    Labour on the other hand will try to form a minority government, but end up including the 20-odd strong Lib Dems to form a coalition for numbers. They won't include the Greens or SNP. We won't have a Lib Dem DPM but they will have MPs in the cabinet. Danny Alexander won't be one of them.