User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Remember it, I had to explain it numerous times to my wife and her family who are all in local politics! They all thought they'd get a candidate foisted upon them by some machination!

Truly it showed just how sheep like people are.

As for this election, you'll get conservative again because they haven't screwed up enough yet for our pleasantries to be affected. Give them another term and people will grow a backbone and then flipflop back to labour for a while. It really does sicken me.
    Some people think that voting for one of the lesser parties is a vote wasted, as "they have no chance of winning", also as if they think their vote alone can decide the outcome for their constituency. I remember speaking to someone ages ago just before a past election who they were going to vote for, he said Labour and I asked him why. He said "because they're going to win". Sheep factor still has a lot going for it .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Jim Callaghan and Thatcher never invaded a foreign country, leading to millions of deaths and ultimately ISIS. to me, Labour then and Blair now are evil.
    Well when we *finally* get to see the Chilcot Report, we can see the full extent of that!

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

"none of these jerks represent me, go find a new batch"
    This is BRILLIANT, but slightly impractical. If there was an easy way to work around constantly re-voting because a majority of people said "new batch" I'd be all for it. I'm not 'British' btw, just lurking
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Jim Callaghan and Thatcher never invaded a foreign country, leading to millions of deaths and ultimately ISIS. to me, Labour then and Blair now are evil.
    So the Conservative party is "evil" because Churchill failed to persuade Hitler before the war?

I can't say I'd completely disagree with your conclusion but I severely doubt your line of reasoning. ISIS exists because whack jobs need a hobby. Religion offers a doorway to going mental whilst keeping an outward appearance of civility which is rare in other areas.

Personally I'd blame the whole Western world for the situation. If we hadn't decided to go into these nations and try to show them our enlightenment when they are so obviously on a different track or behind in development then I very much doubt we'd have the vehement reactions we do now.

I'd cite Palestine as an example but I fear it's too controversial for most.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

So the Conservative party is "evil" because Churchill failed to persuade Hitler before the war?

I can't say I'd completely disagree with your conclusion but I severely doubt your line of reasoning. ISIS exists because whack jobs need a hobby. Religion offers a doorway to going mental whilst keeping an outward appearance of civility which is rare in other areas.

Personally I'd blame the whole Western world for the situation. If we hadn't decided to go into these nations and try to show them our enlightenment when they are so obviously on a different track or behind in development then I very much doubt we'd have the vehement reactions we do now.

I'd cite Palestine as an example but I fear it's too controversial for most.
    Saddam was a threat to Europe? poor comparison...there's a marked difference between a country in Europe led by a dictator intent on controlling the world, and another living decades after who was no true threat to us...... The invasion laid the ground for ISIS, which is why he and his 'party' he used to control are evil...
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Saddam was a threat to Europe? poor comparison...there's a marked difference between a country in Europe led by a dictator intent on controlling the world, and another living decades after who was no true threat to us...... The invasion laid the ground for ISIS, which is why he and his 'party' he used to control are evil...
    So the USA (the main driving force behind the war and Tony's pals) are also universally evil?

I guess you must hate pretty much every organisation bar maybe greenpeace. Hell, no church has a good rap sheet and no country was formed without bloodshed.

Sure I'm playing devil's advocate here but I hate to see certainty where only probability exists. And yes I am a giant pain in the ass. You're welcome

MBTI
    INTP

I feel for you Brits. The Republican Party was already evil before Bush decided to invade Iraq, so I'm not torn.
    Likes danseen, Falcarius liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    I feel for you Brits. The Republican Party was already evil before Bush decided to invade Iraq, so I'm not torn.
    At least your system is honest that it's a two horse race. I've tried for years to persuade people to consider the green party or the liberal democrats. They always give the same response "there's no point, they'll never get in". British mindset to its quintessential bloody irritating limit.

MBTI
    INTP

So the USA (the main driving force behind the war and Tony's pals) are also universally evil?

I guess you must hate pretty much every organisation bar maybe greenpeace. Hell, no church has a good rap sheet and no country was formed without bloodshed.

Sure I'm playing devil's advocate here but I hate to see certainty where only probability exists. And yes I am a giant pain in the ass. You're welcome
    If a man starts a war against a country with no discernable threat to us, and which results in millions of deaths, then yes. He and his party are evil, until they show remorse for their actions. No Tory PM since WWII ever did this, nor Labour to be fair.

And I'm not American. I have no vested interest in their actions since it's not my country, and i won't be able to vote for Hilary or Bush III or the obese guy next year.....

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Well when we *finally* get to see the Chilcot Report, we can see the full extent of that!
    full extent of what?

it seems you and your friend here can't really handle the views of others.