User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

but seriously I don't think ed will be looking to join with the snp ,he said quite clearly that he doesn't want to. he's looking to win a majority, not sure how likely that is though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Ehh

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

If everyone eligible to vote voted, because turnouts are low usually, no seat would be safe. This time, feelings are greater, opinions are more pronounced, people are more confident that they can enact change, turnout will be greater. Anyone thinking of voting tactically instead of voting for who they actually want will be wasting their vote.

I do not foresee that any party will be able to command a majority. Tradition dictates that the incumbent Prime Minister has first dibs to form a coalition, so by that, the probable coalition may well be Conservative-Lib Dem-UKIP. Then again, Gordon Brown had first dibs last time, but conceded. It'll be a cliffhanger, this one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    If everyone eligible to vote voted, because turnouts are low usually, no seat would be safe. This time, feelings are greater, opinions are more pronounced, people are more confident that they can enact change, turnout will be greater. Anyone thinking of voting tactically instead of voting for who they actually want will be wasting their vote.

I do not foresee that any party will be able to command a majority. Tradition dictates that the incumbent Prime Minister has first dibs to form a coalition, so by that, the probable coalition may well be Conservative-Lib Dem-UKIP. Then again, Gordon Brown had first dibs last time, but conceded. It'll be a cliffhanger, this one.
    I had this feeling about the poll to change the voting system...my cynicism has reached new peaks.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

as a Brit:

- will be a hung parliament, though I suspect Labour will get a plurality. This is bad, since Labour is evil because Blair was their PM/leader, and I've never forgiven him or them for the war in Iraq.

- I think a Labour/SNP coalition can work, though I'm not really bothered if this leads to another referendum. If anything, Sturgeon has impressed me as a leader.

- I suspect the turnout will be higher as more is at stake this time. Turnouts were low, but only in the past 15 years. And this is due imho to Labour and the evil Mr. Blair monogonising the political culture by moving to the centre ground. Mandeslon was right, we are all Thatcherites now.

- The economy is improving, but then in spite of what Cameron has done, not because of it. I do think we need have more devolution for all four countries, and I do agree with Farge in saying the licence fee should be cut. Have the BBC as a core platform for news/current affairs, and then state-licenced bodies that can compete with the global networks and have high quality programming. A BBC History or Discovery-esque channel would be good.

- UKIP will get 10 seats max, though is here to stay over the long-term.

- SNP will be the biggest party in Scotland, and I predict Scotland will be a sovereign state in 20 years or so. I won't be surprised if another referendum is held within the next 10 years.

- I'm glad the Tories want a referendum on EU membership, though despite Labour being evil, I reckon to his credit Miliband has outdone Cameron in the debates.

2020 will be a one party government I believe.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I had this feeling about the poll to change the voting system...my cynicism has reached new peaks.
    We had a referendum on the voting system (I'm wondering if this was Clegg's main aim, the cost of which meant having to side with the Tories on a lot of things), do you remember it falling flat on its arse?

I don't agree with the First Past The Post system myself, as it does protect the main two parties. Right now, it would be a double-edged sword, what with that particular purple and yellow elephant in the room, with its trunk wrapped around a pint. Methinks all Cameron had to do was give an EU referendum early, and regardless of the turnout, it would have damaged UKIP more than the harm they cause themselves. I heard experts say that UKIP would be a spent political force by 2025 anyway*. And regardless of the voting system, I still don't feel there is one particular party close enough to my views for me to think "yes, I'll definitely vote for them".

*I see UKIP imploding at some point, leaving a smaller, more hard-right party like a new version of the BNP. Like a supernova.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Not too interested in politics and don't want to vote... but my voting booth is a place I wanted to check out for a while so I'll probably go have a look and give a vote. I'm sure I'll be voting ignorantly. Perhaps a controversial thing to those who take this kind of thing seriously but anyone want an extra vote of theirs from me?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    as a Brit:

- will be a hung parliament, though I suspect Labour will get a plurality. This is bad, since Labour is evil because Blair was their PM/leader, and I've never forgiven him or them for the war in Iraq.

- I think a Labour/SNP coalition can work, though I'm not really bothered if this leads to another referendum. If anything, Sturgeon has impressed me as a leader.

- I suspect the turnout will be higher as more is at stake this time. Turnouts were low, but only in the past 15 years. And this is due imho to Labour and the evil Mr. Blair monogonising the political culture by moving to the centre ground. Mandeslon was right, we are all Thatcherites now.

- The economy is improving, but then in spite of what Cameron has done, not because of it. I do think we need have more devolution for all four countries, and I do agree with Farge in saying the licence fee should be cut. Have the BBC as a core platform for news/current affairs, and then state-licenced bodies that can compete with the global networks and have high quality programming. A BBC History or Discovery-esque channel would be good.

- UKIP will get 10 seats max, though is here to stay over the long-term.

- SNP will be the biggest party in Scotland, and I predict Scotland will be a sovereign state in 20 years or so. I won't be surprised if another referendum is held within the next 10 years.

- I'm glad the Tories want a referendum on EU membership, though despite Labour being evil, I reckon to his credit Miliband has outdone Cameron in the debates.

2020 will be a one party government I believe.
    I don't think Labour are an evil party. I do think they are incompetent and self-serving. Yes we had Labour from 1997 to 2010, but we also did before Thatcher. I cringe when I read about it and Jim Callaghan's bumbling ways. The Conservatives to me know exactly what they are doing, any hurt caused is intentional, as it any benefit. With Labour, any success is by mere accident (coincidentally, Blair only became party leader following the untimely death of Jim Smith).

I would hope for another Tory/Lib Dem coalition this time around rather than anything else, though I'd rather have hoped the Libs would hold more of the balance of power to keep the Tories in check, that will be highly unlikely. If it is to be a Labour/SNP coalition, I hope so much that the SNP can bring in some proper rational thinking into the fold. On Devolution, yes, I'm fine with it, I would also wish Scotland the best if it goes independent in the near future, besides it would be win-win, they have their own country back, we don't have to worry about the Barnett Formula so much.

I like the BBC the way it is, not with anything added or taken away, apart from a harrowing of their management structure.

I cannot wait any more for an EU referendum, I've heard too much about the promise of one, I just want it to happen.

2020's government will largely depend on what happens with the government we are about to elect. If it is Labour-SNP, 2020 will be a Tory coalition or majority to clear up whatever mess Labour leaves behind.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

We had a referendum on the voting system (I'm wondering if this was Clegg's main aim, the cost of which meant having to side with the Tories on a lot of things), do you remember it falling flat on its arse?

I don't agree with the First Past The Post system myself, as it does protect the main two parties. Right now, it would be a double-edged sword, what with that particular purple and yellow elephant in the room, with its trunk wrapped around a pint. Methinks all Cameron had to do was give an EU referendum early, and regardless of the turnout, it would have damaged UKIP more than the harm they cause themselves. I heard experts say that UKIP would be a spent political force by 2025 anyway*. And regardless of the voting system, I still don't feel there is one particular party close enough to my views for me to think "yes, I'll definitely vote for them".

*I see UKIP imploding at some point, leaving a smaller, more hard-right party like a new version of the BNP. Like a supernova.
    Remember it, I had to explain it numerous times to my wife and her family who are all in local politics! They all thought they'd get a candidate foisted upon them by some machination!

Truly it showed just how sheep like people are.

As for this election, you'll get conservative again because they haven't screwed up enough yet for our pleasantries to be affected. Give them another term and people will grow a backbone and then flipflop back to labour for a while. It really does sicken me.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think Labour are an evil party. I do think they are incompetent and self-serving. Yes we had Labour from 1997 to 2010, but we also did before Thatcher. I cringe when I read about it and Jim Callaghan's bumbling ways. The Conservatives to me know exactly what they are doing, any hurt caused is intentional, as it any benefit. With Labour, any success is by mere accident (coincidentally, Blair only became party leader following the untimely death of Jim Smith).

I would hope for another Tory/Lib Dem coalition this time around rather than anything else, though I'd rather have hoped the Libs would hold more of the balance of power to keep the Tories in check, that will be highly unlikely. If it is to be a Labour/SNP coalition, I hope so much that the SNP can bring in some proper rational thinking into the fold. On Devolution, yes, I'm fine with it, I would also wish Scotland the best if it goes independent in the near future, besides it would be win-win, they have their own country back, we don't have to worry about the Barnett Formula so much.

I like the BBC the way it is, not with anything added or taken away, apart from a harrowing of their management structure.

I cannot wait any more for an EU referendum, I've heard too much about the promise of one, I just want it to happen.

2020's government will largely depend on what happens with the government we are about to elect. If it is Labour-SNP, 2020 will be a Tory coalition or majority to clear up whatever mess Labour leaves behind.
    Jim Callaghan and Thatcher never invaded a foreign country, leading to millions of deaths and ultimately ISIS. to me, Labour then and Blair now are evil.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....