User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

After watching The Thick of It I'm even more apathetic.

And I understand the potential foolishness of not voting but it's long been something that's turned into just another arbitrary action.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I can't say that I'm very knowledgeable on the subject, but as far as I know, almost nobody who voted for the Lib Dems would do so again in order to prop the current government coalition. If the Conservatives did win the election, who would actually be left to form a coalition with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I can't say that I'm very knowledgeable on the subject, but as far as I know, almost nobody who voted for the Lib Dems would do so again in order to prop the current government coalition. If the Conservatives did win the election, who would actually be left to form a coalition with them?
    A government officially needs 326 seats to have a majority in practice it is lower as the speaker and Sinn Fein do not vote on laws. Labour and Conservatives will both get around 280 seats. If it is a hung parliament then David Cameron will have the first go a trying to form a government as he is PM.

It is hard to see how the Conservatives could form a coalition. But the most plausible would be Conservation (285), Lib Dem (30), Ulster Unionist (8) and UKIP (4). The things against including it probably would not last as it would be too fragile, Lib Dems do not want a multi-party coalition, and Conservatives really do not want to have UKIP in a coalition but probably would if they had to do so.

It would be easier for Labour (277) to form a coalition with the Scottish Nationalist (50). Ideologically they have a lot in common, but it would be awkward for Labour being it a coalition with a party what does not even want to be in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    It wouldn't be an agreeable coalition with whoever they do a deal with (if they keep enough seats). The only alternative they have is a deal with UKIP, but they detest each other.
    UKIP are only going to get like 5 seats at most; Boston and Skegness, Thurrock, Thanet South, Clacton, and Great Grimsby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    A government officially needs 326 seats to have a majority in practice it is lower as the speaker and Sinn Fein do not vote on laws. Labour and Conservatives will both get around 280 seats. If it is a hung parliament then David Cameron will have the first go a trying to form a government as he is PM.

It is hard to see how the Conservatives could form a coalition. But the most plausible would be Conservation (285), Lib Dem (30), Ulster Unionist (8) and UKIP (4). The things against including it probably would not last as it would be too fragile, Lib Dems do not want a multi-party coalition, and Conservatives really do not want to have UKIP in a coalition but probably would if they had to do so.

It would be easier for Labour (277) to form a coalition with the Scottish Nationalist (50). Ideologically they have a lot in common, but it would be awkward for Labour being it a coalition with a party what does not even want to be in Britain.

UKIP are only going to get like 5 seats at most; Boston and Skegness, Thurrock, Thanet South, Clacton, and Great Grimsby.
    Yep, basically awkwardness all round...

I have this hunch that the amount of seats that UKIP will gain has been deliberately underpredicted, to try and sway voters back towards the big two. I can also tell that Cameron genuinely hates Farage (considerably more than any hate of Clegg), as do a lot of Tories (after all, UKIP is largely made up of ex-Tory members). I think they will win more than 5, but I am having doubts at them being part of a coalition.

MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Yep, basically awkwardness all round...

I have this hunch that the amount of seats that UKIP will gain has been deliberately underpredicted, to try and sway voters back towards the big two. I can also tell that Cameron genuinely hates Farage (considerably more than any hate of Clegg), as do a lot of Tories (after all, UKIP is largely made up of ex-Tory members). I think they will win more than 5, but I am having doubts at them being part of a coalition.
    It is not deliberate if it is under-predicted as they have come from nowhere in terms of general elections so people do not have anything to compare it to from the past. UKIP do not have the footsoldiers to win more than about 5 seats, when they have won more councillors then they will win seats in double figures.

If UKIP's vote share compared to seats is anything like any of the prediction by all the polling companies then it will demonstrate exactly why our electoral system does not work.
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont understand the english electorate at all, they are a foreign people to the rest of the UK, I dont believe that anyone in the world quite likes to be as mistreated by their politicians and their worst prejudices apparently pandered to as the english.

At the minute I honestly believe that the party which does the greatest impression of hating vaguely defined "immigrants" or just straight up "foreigners" will be able to do absolutely as they please in office, I mean dismantle and destroy the NHS, social security, social welfare, education and anything, anything what so ever which is tax funded will not be guaranteed in the least, at all.

All while there is enough hat tipping to elites and pseudo-elites to have conspiracy mills buzzing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I've been trying to type the leaders in my head, but I haven't got very far. I can see Farage is a Feeler, he's passionate but easily offended. Cameron is definitely a T, and an introvert and thinking that Miliband is the same. That's as far as I've got.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I've been trying to type the leaders in my head, but I haven't got very far. I can see Farage is a Feeler, he's passionate but easily offended. Cameron is definitely a T, and an introvert and thinking that Miliband is the same. That's as far as I've got.
    I'd say an overall chance of ST but I'm not sure about the rest as they're trained to be that stupid on stage.

Can't recall the comedy program but they had little nicky on there and he seemed much more genuine. Credible even.

I'm still left wanting the Aussie box that says "none of these jerks represent me, go find a new batch". Oh how I wish they'd gone for the change to the voting system. Greatest political tragedy of the last decade.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'd say an overall chance of ST but I'm not sure about the rest as they're trained to be that stupid on stage.

Can't recall the comedy program but they had little nicky on there and he seemed much more genuine. Credible even.

I'm still left wanting the Aussie box that says "none of these jerks represent me, go find a new batch". Oh how I wish they'd gone for the change to the voting system. Greatest political tragedy of the last decade.
    Maybe Natalie Bennett should have addef added that to their list of policies...

Cameron I'm getting as an ISTP, I've seen people put Ed Miliband down as an ENTP. I'm not entirely sure he's an extravert, but at the same time, I don't want to share INTP with him...

Farage is an extravert, conservative in his views, sensitive but brash, I'm getting ESFJ. In some ways, he comes across as a T (his comments on HIV patients from overseas were lacking tact, but he may have been using that to play on people's feelings).

Clegg? Not a clue.

Maybe I should stick to typing celebrities and fictional characters...

MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Nigel Farage - ESTJ
    Nick Clegg - ESFP
    Ed Miliband - xNTP.
    David Cameron - ISTP
    Nicola Sturgeon -xNFJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Nigel Farage - ESTJ
    Nick Clegg - ESFP
    Ed Miliband - xNTP.
    David Cameron - ISTP
    Nicola Sturgeon -xNFJ
    Nicola Sturgeon I'd say was ENFJ.